Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
    Not that FSU '71.
    Surely a team as highly touted nationally as the Utes wouldn't have to travel to a FSU team residing in California that just gotta the crap kicked out of them

Comment

So Dude you revising your prior statements that you don't care about Utah or the rivalry anymore?

I look forward for Surfah who doesn't "give a shit" about the Utes joining in on this thread soon.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
        If they beat Fresno State by 70 they won't get any pub. That team is atrocious.
        nobody is going to hang 70+ points on Fresno State
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

From Sancho:

I agree. I vote for a merge. For those who are embarrassed that we talk about our rival sometimes, we can delete/erase/reset that thread every year or every month to make it look shorter. Personally, I don't care how long it is. It seems to really give tooblue a great deal of joy, and he probably could use all the joy he can get up there.
          Devildog:

That other thread is a disgrace. It's long and boring and anyone reading here sees that it is by far the most viewed on the site. Weak and lame for a Utah sports forum.
          LAUte with stadium smack.

BTW, I failed to mention that our stadium is prettier. Beautiful sandstone beats battleship gray.*
          You know what else you will find in that thread? wally consistently reminding Utes that the rivalry is alive and well. My prediction when it was announced that the rivalry would cease, was that the game when it resumed would be ferocious (I think that hostile predicted the same). I stand by this prediction. There will be so much pent up hostility involved, that it will seem like Armageddon. It will be awesome. I expect some injuries, on the field and off.

Comment

Originally posted by wally View Post
            You know what else you will find in that thread? wally consistently reminding Utes that the rivalry is alive and well. My prediction when it was announced that the rivalry would cease, was that the game when it resumed would be ferocious (I think that hostile predicted the same). I stand by this prediction. There will be so much pent up hostility involved, that it will seem like Armageddon. It will be awesome. I expect some injuries, on the field and off.
            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

The rivalry is still pretty fun outside of the state of Utah. In fact, just last night I invited a friend over to watch the UCLA game on Saturday night...we'll flip to it during the commercials of the Utes game or something.

#BuildingBridges
              "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                So Dude you revising your prior statements that you don't care about Utah or the rivalry anymore?

I look forward for Surfah who doesn't "give a shit" about the Utes joining in on this thread soon.
                GREAT POINT. Cougs that have been channeling "post PAC12 nouveau riche Utes" and claiming that they no longer care about Utah or the rivalry can stfu and esad.

Comment

Originally posted by hostile View Post
                  Looks like hostile stands by the prediction too, which lends it wwaaaayyy more credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post

I still talk to Surfah...occasionally about the rivalry.

#BuildingBridges
                    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

GREAT POINT. Cougs that have been channeling "post PAC12 nouveau riche Utes" and claiming that they no longer care about Utah or the rivalry can stfu and esad.
                      BYU fans claim to not care about the rivalry? I don't remember Holmoe issuing a statement that the BYU fan base doesn't want to play Utah, while a contract to actually play Utah was on Chris Hills desk.
                      *Banned*

Comment

That's a bold prediction Wally.

Comment

wally coming here trying to kiss up to BYU fans telling us that he still hates us. I'm not buying.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                            Yesterday a couple of Utah season ticket holders were outside my door talking about how great the U's games have been, yet how frustrating it is that BYU has had these amazing endings to get all of the national publicity.

Poor Gunther was having a fit insisting that the U's two wins are more impressive than BYU's - talking about beating a Big 10 team and a MWC team.

Someone needs to remind him that the Big10 team BYU beat was on the road and had not lost a home opener in 30 years. And the MWC team BYU beat was ranked. Utah will have a good strength of schedule before it is all said and done, but thus far BYU's has got to be better.
                            Just thought I would help out a little.
                            “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                            "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

YES! A thread to talk about the greatest rivalry in all of intermountain-based team sports! I've been waiting for this day to come for almost two years now. Thanks Jeff Lebowski! And as a gesture of friendship and outreach to the Cougar community, I invite all those brave souls who dare tread on the holy-of-holies (yea, verily, Rice Eccles Stadium) to join me at halftime for a friendly handshake. Godspeed!

Fun Fact: Did you know that when the game is played next year, seven years, nine months, and thirteen days will have elapsed since BYU beat Utah? That's a lot of pent up angst.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                                That's a bold prediction Wally.
                                It might not be Armageddon. I was just a little hyped up on the tent city thread.

Also, I had a near death experience where it was revealed to me that you would e a d.

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                                wally coming here trying to kiss up to BYU fans telling us that he still hates us. I'm not buying.
                                You too.

Comment

Working...
                                X