Ducks Fly North - Week 2 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ducks Fly North - Week 2 Thread

Oregon at Sparty is a sweet game. The rest of the a Week 2 schedule looks pretty ho-hum.

Utes likely to roll against the Gaggies.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Tennessee vs Oklahoma and lsu vs miss state are intriguing.
    *Banned*

Comment

funk what's the atmosphere like at res? i bet it's electric!
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Covey. Sigh.

Comment

It looked like the defender was diving at the waist of the receiver and then they happened to collide helmets because the receiver went down. Seems like it wasn't really targeting.
          "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
          "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
          This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
          "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
          "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
            It looked like the defender was diving at the waist of the receiver and then they happened to collide helmets because the receiver went down. Seems like it wasn't really targeting.
            Except his helmet hit square on Covey's helmet. I know you guys don't get this but that kind of helmet to helmet hit is going to be flagged as targeting. Concussions have become too big of a deal. Tacklers are going to have to find another way.

Comment

He tried to avoid the helmet to helmet hit, even turning away from the play.
              Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Holy shit that was dirty as hell. That hit on chuckie was malicious
                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                  He tried to avoid the helmet to helmet hit, even turning away from the play.
                  Avoid has nothing to do with it. His helmet about tookCovey's helmet off. That is called every single time and there's no thought about it.
                  Last edited by Shaka; 09-11-2015, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Charles limping now.
                    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                      Avoid has nothing to do with it. Hit helmet about took the other guy's helmet off. That is called every single time and there's no thought about it.
                      Umm covey's helmet didn't come off

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                        Avoid has nothing to do with it. Hit helmet about took the other guy's helmet off. That is called every single time and there's no thought about it.
                        I know us guys may be unable to grasp this, but isn't there supposed to be an element of intention? I mean the name implies it.

Comment

Is it always an automatic ejection?
                          Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                            Umm covey's helmet didn't come off
                            Did you you not see the, "about"?

It was a turn of phrase anyway. That was straight up helmet to helmet and it wasn't a love tap.

Comment

I agree it was clearly helmet to helmet and officials feel that have to call that regardless of intent. I was not shocked he was ejected. It's how they always call it now. I missed about. It made me wonder if you were embellishing to make your point which didn't need embellishment.

Comment

Working...
                              X