BYU women soccer plays at Stanford now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Topper View Post
    Do they sign recruits for next season in November? The team seems to be Utah top heavy. Is Utah is Region 3 or 4 for USA Soccer?
    I don't know. They do have a lot of players from Utah, but the ones they have are really good, especially the curent freshmen and sophomores. Maybe Utah as a state does pretty well in girls soccer. Utah and USU usually also end up having solid teams with BYU often being a top 25 team.
    Last edited by BlueK; 09-08-2015, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      I don't know. They do have a lot of players from Utah, but the ones they have are really good, especially the curent freshmen and sophomores. Maybe Utah as a state does pretty well in girls soccer. Utah and USU usually also end up having solid teams with BYU often being a top 25 team.
      I doubt Utah is disproportionately better than other regions. The traditionally strongest regions are California, Texas, Florida and Virginia.

The USWNT U20 doesn't show any from Utah.
      http://www.ussoccer.com/us-under20-w.../latest-roster

Here are the national youth champions.

http://championships.usyouthsoccer.o...in_tulsa_okla/
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
        I doubt Utah is disproportionately better than other regions. The traditionally strongest regions are California, Texas, Florida and Virginia.

The USWNT U20 doesn't show any from Utah.
        http://www.ussoccer.com/us-under20-w.../latest-roster

Here are the national youth champions.

http://championships.usyouthsoccer.o...in_tulsa_okla/
        Yeah, I wouldn't know about where the talent is across the US and how many LDS players end up at other schools. But it's hard to argue against the results on the field BYU is currently getting with who they have:

http://herosports.com/college-rankin...ccer-rankings/

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't know about where the talent is across the US and how many LDS players end up at other schools. But it's hard to argue against the results on the field BYU is currently getting with who they have:

http://herosports.com/college-rankin...ccer-rankings/
          They are doing well. For them to crack into a Final Four position, they need to keep on keeping on. They had UNC in their own backyard but the offense let them down.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

They moved up to #5 now on the coaches poll even after the loss at Stanford.

Comment

They moved up to #5 now on the coaches poll even after the loss at Stanford.
              what formation do they play? did we ever get that hammered out?
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                I thought you didn't notice formations.

Comment

I thought you didn't notice formations.
                  why would you think that? formations are basically the main reason I attend any sporting event. I've always been a formation guy.

sigpic

Comment

why would you think that? formations are basically the main reason I attend any sporting event. I've always been a formation guy.
                    Kind of like Gary Crowton? Being "innovative" with plays and formations always seemed more important to him than the boring details of whether his players could actually execute the play.

Comment

Kind of like Gary Crowton? Being "innovative" with plays and formations always seemed more important to him than the boring details of whether his players could actually execute the play.
                      I can't speak for Gary Crowton.

sigpic

Comment

I can guarantee you it isn't the 3-5-3. But alas I attended a veritable SoCal soccer high school powerhouse and learned that there are 11 players on the field, one of whom is the goalkeeper who is not included in the formation description. So the sum of all possible soccer formations = 10.

Here is also another strange "formation" piece of trivia about the most commonly used formation for military maneuver units, which is the wedge: it was essentially invented/ made popular in modern warfare during the Mexican-American War by Bobby Lee's President! Ol Jeff really wanted a commission as a General in the Confederate Army but alas he ended up a Perfumed Princess, if you will. I'll betchya you don't learn stuff like that at BSU Truck Driving School! Leading our way to Fame, Bitches!
                        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                        -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                          I can guarantee you it isn't the 3-5-3. But alas I attended a veritable SoCal soccer high school powerhouse and learned that there are 11 players on the field, one of whom is the goalkeeper who is not included in the formation description. So the sum of all possible soccer formations = 10.

Here is also another strange "formation" piece of trivia about the most commonly used formation for military maneuver units, which is the wedge: it was essentially invented/ made popular in modern warfare during the Mexican-American War by Bobby Lee's President! Ol Jeff really wanted a commission as a General in the Confederate Army but alas he ended up a Perfumed Princess, if you will. I'll betchya you don't learn stuff like that at BSU Truck Driving School! Leading our way to Fame, Bitches!
                          A few teams like Bayern Munich like the 3-5-2 (if I or anybody else that we did so in a rush), if they have speedy defenders to advance the attack. The 4-4-2 is the base formation for many teams, with variations being 4-3-3 or 4-1-3-2 (basically a 4-4-2). Paraguay has used some exotic formations as well.

Comment

BYU is playing UVU in first round of the NCAA Tourney.

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/3157717...-no-13-cougars

Wally and Funk, see you there, 1:00 PM, Saturday, South Field.

Comment

im going!

sigpic

Comment

im going!
                                Ashley Hatch is back in action. Assuming they make it past the first few rounds, that is valuable.

Now get your buddies Wally and Fund out there. BYU gets a rematch against Stanford in the second round however.

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/soccer-women/d1

Santa Clara got a fourth seed and BYU did not despite tying Santa Clara at their home and winning the conference. BYU did not get credit for winning without Hatch. It got screwed by the committee.
                                Last edited by Topper; 11-09-2015, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X