Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 87 of 87

Thread: BYU women soccer plays at Stanford now

  1. #61

    Default

    Nice win at Penn State last week.

  2. #62

    Default

    #6 BYU beating #7 Ohio State 3-0 on the road. 76th minute. This team is insanely good right now with road wins at the two best Big Ten teams.

  3. #63

    Default

    Is it embarrassing that Wrubell is calling girls soccer?

  4. #64
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    20,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
    Is it embarrassing that Wrubell is calling girls soccer?
    WHy? Is he getting a lot of their names wrong?
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  5. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
    Is it embarrassing that Wrubell is calling girls soccer?
    Why would that be embarrassing? He became a fan of the women's team because his daughter is friends with several of the team members, and Marc Lyons' granddaughter plays for the Cougars as well. He attended games and tweeted about the team for a few years, and it was a natural fit to extend his play-calling to women's soccer.

    Personally, I think it is awesome that our minor sports have near-professional levels of broadcast production. I was thinking two weekends ago on our way down to Phoenix, what other program could offer an HD-quality broadcast of women's soccer with quality commentary, multiple camera angles, instant replay, etc. all available to me for free while I drive down I-15 at 85 mph? That's pretty cool.
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

  6. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
    Is it embarrassing that Wrubell is calling girls soccer?
    No. Calling the ute games would be embarrassing.

  7. #67
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    25,990

    Default

    Ashley Hatch has been named to the USWNT roster for their friendly against Switzerland in SLC tonight.

    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  8. #68
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    25,990

    Default

    Hatch getting in the 73rd minute.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  9. #69
    Senior Member Omaha 680's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Harlem
    Posts
    7,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Hatch getting in the 73rd minute.
    Why you gotta dis the 2016 season thread?

  10. #70
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    25,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    Why you gotta dis the 2016 season thread?
    There's another thread?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  11. #71
    Senior Member Omaha 680's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Harlem
    Posts
    7,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    There's another thread?
    http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...-s-soccer-2016

    I'll give you a pass because it's only the thread right below this one and was only at the top of the field house subforum for 2 weeks before you posted.

  12. #72
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    25,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...-s-soccer-2016

    I'll give you a pass because it's only the thread right below this one and was only at the top of the field house subforum for 2 weeks before you posted.
    'Preciatcha.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  13. #73
    Senior Member Omaha 680's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Harlem
    Posts
    7,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    'Preciatcha.
    And I, you!

  14. #74
    Pre-Historic Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Allendale County, SC
    Posts
    10,087

    Default

    BYU looks to clinch at least a tie for the conference championship against Gonzaga and is finishing at number 4 in the rankings. It should, but isn't guaranteed, be allowed to host several games enabling it have an easier path to the final four.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

  15. #75
    Pre-Historic Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Allendale County, SC
    Posts
    10,087

    Default

    BYU ended the season ranked number 3 with an RPI of 7, but got hosed with a 4 seed in South Carolina's region for the second game. First game is against UNLV in Provo.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

  16. #76
    Pre-Historic Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Allendale County, SC
    Posts
    10,087

    Default

    BYU defeated UNLV at South Field, 2-0 but dominated possession. My younger son and I sat in the North Goal Zone and could see the second goal from a nice build and assist. Many more opportunities but number 19 for UNLV at centerback snuffed out several almost sure goals.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

  17. #77
    Senior Member Clark Addison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Beautiful South
    Posts
    6,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kccougar View Post
    Why would that be embarrassing? He became a fan of the women's team because his daughter is friends with several of the team members, and Marc Lyons' granddaughter plays for the Cougars as well. He attended games and tweeted about the team for a few years, and it was a natural fit to extend his play-calling to women's soccer.

    Personally, I think it is awesome that our minor sports have near-professional levels of broadcast production. I was thinking two weekends ago on our way down to Phoenix, what other program could offer an HD-quality broadcast of women's soccer with quality commentary, multiple camera angles, instant replay, etc. all available to me for free while I drive down I-15 at 85 mph? That's pretty cool.
    Just my opinion, but I don't think you should be watching soccer games while driving 85 mph.

    So I guess the next game will be in my neck of the woods (relatively speaking). Do we know when it will be yet? Maybe I will drag my daughter or Parrot Head or someone down to watch it. Is the SU Fathead available?

  18. #78
    Senior Member Omaha 680's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Harlem
    Posts
    7,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
    Just my opinion, but I don't think you should be watching soccer games while driving 85 mph.

    So I guess the next game will be in my neck of the woods (relatively speaking). Do we know when it will be yet? Maybe I will drag my daughter or Parrot Head or someone down to watch it. Is the SU Fathead available?
    4pm Thurs in Columbia.

  19. #79
    Senior Member Clark Addison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Beautiful South
    Posts
    6,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    4pm Thurs in Columbia.
    Well, that's not ideal. Maybe I will hope for a win and go to Saturday evening's game.

  20. #80
    Huge Member BigPiney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    4,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
    Well, that's not ideal. Maybe I will hope for a win and go to Saturday evening's game.
    :fairweatherfan:

  21. #81
    Senior Member Clark Addison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Beautiful South
    Posts
    6,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    :fairweatherfan:
    Weather will likely be fairer Thursday at 4:00 than Saturday at 7:00 tbh.

  22. #82
    Pre-Historic Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Allendale County, SC
    Posts
    10,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
    Weather will likely be fairer Thursday at 4:00 than Saturday at 7:00 tbh.
    I thought about skipping work and flying to the game, but my wife put the kabosh on that. Let's hope they win against OU, and maybe I can see the third game, taking nothing for granted. I went to the UNLV with my son who played soccer all his life. He had some refinements which could be employed but like the attacking style.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

  23. #83

    Default

    The fall sports begin a week from Saturday when women's soccer goes to play the Sooners in Norman. I will be making the drive from dfw and taking my daughter. Should be fun.

  24. #84
    Pre-Historic Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Allendale County, SC
    Posts
    10,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    The fall sports begin a week from Saturday when women's soccer goes to play the Sooners in Norman. I will be making the drive from dfw and taking my daughter. Should be fun.
    That should be interesting with a completely new team for the Cougs in enemy territory. Hopefully, they can pull out the victory, but I enjoy the fact that the women soccer and even softball teams play the very best, unlike the men's basketball team.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

  25. #85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    That should be interesting with a completely new team for the Cougs in enemy territory. Hopefully, they can pull out the victory, but I enjoy the fact that the women soccer and even softball teams play the very best, unlike the men's basketball team.
    It's not completely new. The entire defensive back line and goalkeeper who started most of the season return. And it was a very good defense. On offense they lost some great talent in Hatch and Vasconcelos for sure, but there's also plenty of experience returning but with less flash.
    Last edited by BlueK; 08-03-2017 at 08:25 PM.

  26. #86

    Default

    BYU #8 in the first poll of the season. Not bad.

  27. #87
    Pre-Historic Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Allendale County, SC
    Posts
    10,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    BYU #8 in the first poll of the season. Not bad.
    Impressive with all the offense they lost.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •