asia travel. .best places to go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asia travel. .best places to go?

I have 2 weeks I'll spend going to asia. .right now it is between japan and thailand. I know the benefits and drawbacks of each, especially the cost of japan, but i have always wantedto visit there.

where at your favorite places or cities in Asia?

So I'm sure you've at least considered the Philippines.

dont.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Cambodia.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

If you have two weeks, why not do a week in each country? 2-3 days in Tokyo, couple of days in Kyoto, and a week at some beach resort in Thailand. Sounds like a great trip.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post

dont.
          Actually, I'll probably go there sometime to see some of the WW2 sites our unit fought in. There were at least two beach landings they were a part of to root out the Japanese.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post

dont.
            Disagree a little if he's considering Thailand. Manila sucks, but there are a lot of beautiful islands with incredible beaches, scuba diving, and site seeing. But yeah, Manila sucks.
            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

There's a lot to see in Thailand. You could easily spend 2 weeks there just scratching the surface and I don't know that I'd waste a whole week of it staring at the ocean. Just depends on your interests.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

I have to say Hong Kong or my wife will kill me. Truthfully, I enjoyed our trip there. Even though it's small, there's a lot to see and do. I also liked Taiwan. There's really good food pretty much everywhere, and everything is incredibly cheap.
                Not that, sickos.

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
                  I have to say Hong Kong or my wife will kill me. Truthfully, I enjoyed our trip there. Even though it's small, there's a lot to see and do. I also liked Taiwan. There's really good food pretty much everywhere, and everything is incredibly cheap.
                  Hong Kong is my favorite city in Asia. Taipei is a great city also. Haven't really spent time outside of Taipei. Outside the river area, I absolutely hate Bangkok. Phuket has some redeeming qualities but not enough to overcome Thailand as a whole in my opinion. Vietnam is interesting and beautiful and incredible food. Singapore is worth a day just for the experience. Northern Japan is also unique and interesting. Basically, outside of Manila and most of Thailand, Asia is full of great spots to visit.
                  A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
                    Hong Kong is my favorite city in Asia. Taipei is a great city also. Haven't really spent time outside of Taipei. Outside the river area, I absolutely hate Bangkok. Phuket has some redeeming qualities but not enough to overcome Thailand as a whole in my opinion. Vietnam is interesting and beautiful and incredible food. Singapore is worth a day just for the experience. Northern Japan is also unique and interesting. Basically, outside of Manila and most of Thailand, Asia is full of great spots to visit.
                    Have you visited northern Thailand? Chaing Mai? I may try leave Thailand a day or two early and stop by Hong Kong on the way home. Any thoughts on Singapore v Hong Kong?

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                      Have you visited northern Thailand? Chaing Mai? I may try leave Thailand a day or two early and stop by Hong Kong on the way home. Any thoughts on Singapore v Hong Kong?
                      Never been to Hong Kong, but I can tell you that Singapore is the bomb- probably more deserving than just a sleepover. It's kind of a Disneyland type of environment with how sterile it is, but it's fun. Like a version of China with just an upper class and whose principal language is English. Lots of great food, entertainment, and relaxation if you're into it.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                      X