The 2015 Market Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
    This reminds me of a substitute teacher in our jr. high careers class who told us we had a better chance going to Vegas and making it shooting craps than we did being successful in life. He clearly wasn't happy with his life choices.
    LOL. Not to be rude, but a substitute Jr. High teacher shouldn't be anywhere near a conversation about how to be successful in life.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
      When I wrote the post, the market had already gained back around 50% of the morning's loss, in fact the drop was essentially where it's at right now at the time of this post. I was commenting on the overall terrible week that culminated in the rather shocking initial loss this morning.
      haha. ok sure. Same with Donald Trump. He wasn't tweeting about this morning's drop specifically, he simply chose this morning to tweet apocalyptically about something that has been on his mind for months.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        haha. ok sure. Same with Donald Trump. He wasn't tweeting about this morning's drop specifically, he simply chose this morning to tweet apocalyptically about something that has been on his mind for months.
        Why you still talking about this? Did you go all in when I suggested you should follow your own advice a couple hours ago? How's that looking right now? (-670 points as of the time of this post).
        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

It's gone from -670 to only -580. It's on an upswing DDD, time to dive in before all the bargains are snapped up!
          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Down 10% over the past week :yikes:

The people over at the tent city FB page are going crazy...err more crazy. Too bad I can't copy/paste from FB on my phone
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              Down 10% over the past week :yikes:

The people over at the tent city FB page are going crazy...err more crazy. Too bad I can't copy/paste from FB on my phone
              This is how CMBF is able to predict the market:

Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                This is how CMBF is able to predict the market:

Nope, that was clearly a sports almanac.

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
                  This reminds me of a substitute teacher in our jr. high careers class who told us we had a better chance going to Vegas and making it shooting craps than we did being successful in life. He clearly wasn't happy with his life choices.
                  What an idiot playing craps. He should be putting in all on black at the roulette table. That's the winner's game!

Comment

Only down 600 points today and 1700 points in a week. Absolutely fantastic time to dive in and scoop up some bargains.

Just look at this chart, the cumulative p/e ratio of the S&P is at around 24. As the chart indicates, there's a lot of growth back to 1999 levels of 44. Time to jump in!

http://www.multpl.com/shiller-pe/

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      Why is Obama letting the Chinese mess up our markets? We need Hillary.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0QT00B20150824

Comment

According to Pat Robertson you can blame the stock market crash on Obama and the democrats...
                        Stock Crash Added to Long List of Horrible Things Pat Robertson Has Described as God’s Will

Pat Robertson is in the news again! He said on The 700 Club on Monday that the ongoing stock market crisis is punishment for the federal government's support of Planned Parenthood. Pat Robertson is in the news again! He said on The 700 Club on Monday that the ongoing stock market crisis is punishment for the federal government's support of Planned Parenthood.
                        [...]
                        http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...arenthood.html
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                          According to Pat Robertson you can blame the stock market crash on Obama and the democrats...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...arenthood.html
                          Pat Robertson went to Yale Law School, but didn't pass the bar exam. Sounds familiar.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                            So, by your subsequent posts you were just kidding here?

We have a big screen TV in the reception area. An advisor was just sitting there in front of it with a glazed stare. He said, we are down 900, we have never seen a down 900. I said I have and he said no I hadn't. Well in '87 the market dropped 23% in one day. That is equivalent to about 3,800 points. Advisors with only 20 years experience are wet behind the ears.
                            I remember Black Monday. My trust fund friend, lost 2.4 Million that day (He had a habit of buying naked put options). Naturally, my $2000 fund took a hit as well.
                            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

I drove about 650 miles today so I had a good chance to listen to the pundits on the radio. Without exception, all of the experts interviewed stated that the US economy is doing well and they expected this correction to be short-lived. One even theorized that August is prime time for a panic to hit, because lots of the fund managers are on vacation and their flunkies are watching the shop. And those flunkies are more likely to panic.

Then again, given the certainty of his posts, it appears that CMBF might know something they don't!
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                I drove about 650 miles today so I had a good chance to listen to the pundits on the radio. Without exception, all of the experts interviewed stated that the US economy is doing well and they expected this correction to be short-lived. One even theorized that August is prime time for a panic to hit, because lots of the fund managers are on vacation and their flunkies are watching the shop. And those flunkies are more likely to panic.

Then again, given the certainty of his posts, it appears that CMBF might know something they don't!
                                CNBC, right? These guys were saying the same thing in 2007 and 2008. The fundamentals are always strong to them and they're always cheerleading. Apparently these guys are unaware that the market has already dropped 13% this year. It's already "corrected" by their terms. They're betting that the downturn doesn't continue, but they always say that. Jim Cramer went absolutely crazy back in 2007 or 2008 because the fed wasn't lowering interest rates at a fast enough clip for him and apparently that was the real problem behind the market downturn. It wasn't the real estate bubble, it wasn't the stock market in the aggregate being overvalued -- no, it was Ben Bernanke not lowering the interest rates fast enough. Obviously, that was totally ridiculous.

Here's a short story on how great CNBC's track record was back in 2008

But anyway, he's Jim Cramer and I'm me, so go ahead and continue trusting Jim Cramer.

I heard other pundits say that everyone has known the market was overvalued due to the extended period of loose monetary policy (loose meaning, unprecedented loose monetary policy). The Fed has kept interest rates at 0% for something like 6 years now. They haven't raised the interest rate a single time since 2006.

Comment

Working...
                                X