The 2015 Market Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2015 Market Crash

Well, at least the stock market run-up was based on the fundamentals; namely a strong US economy that's creating lots of small businesses and jobs.

Oh wait.

Well, at least wages have gone up and people have some discretionary income so the dip won't be that bad.

Oh wait.

It's not like we haven't had a large influx of people, so the labor market will remain tight and wages will stay up.

Oh wait.

The Fed can still do a lot by loosening monetary policy so that American big business has access to capital at extremely low cost.

Oh wait.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Look at the bright side, there will be some great buying opportunities. Apple has a p/e ratio of 11. Due to the overall slide of the market, Apple will irrationally go lower while its fundamentals are still great.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

The world economy hasn't been good for at least the past year but it seems it takes a while for people to finally believe that it won't be coming back so fast. Like I said many years ago, the run up under Obama is mostly illusionary as the QE stuff simply kept the bubble from bursting again. It's been a slow growth pattern for the real economy and honestly, the U.S. Economy isn't in terrible shape. This drop is mostly due to the world economy sucking.

Anyway, I'm not too worried about it and I expect things will normalize in a week or two and then we'll be back on the very slow growth trajectory that is typical of Obamas economic policy.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Oh, and thankfully I own 4 tents just in case things get real bad and a white salamander tells me to pack up and head for Missouri.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I credit Obama's economic policies for the quick 500+ point rebound.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

The solar announcement? Yeah, good timing on his part.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              I credit Obama's economic policies for the quick 500+ point rebound.
              750 now you damned anchor baby!
              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
              -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
              -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                750 now you damned anchor baby!
                Yeah! Obama's economy is awesome!

sigpic

Comment

It won't be 2008, but something more like late 2000 to 2003. This slide already started awhile ago, but the market will lose some not insignificant part of its value, say 33% or so, and will languish there for a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                    It won't be 2008, but something more like late 2000 to 2003. This slide already started awhile ago, but the market will lose some not insignificant part of its value, say 33% or so, and will languish there for a couple years.
                    haha are you still talking about this??

sigpic

Comment

Thanks! I am going to make a ton of money with that knowledge.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

haha are you still talking about this??
                        Lol, go ahead, put some money in right now. There's never been a better time to buy. There are bargains all over the place.

Europe's down huge, Asia's down huge, but the US will buck the trend. Put a couple thousand into an index fund today and let me know how you do in a few months.

Comment

Lol, go ahead, put some money in right now. There's never been a better time to buy. There are bargains all over the place.

Europe's down huge, Asia's down huge, but the US will buck the trend. Put a couple thousand into an index fund today and let me know how you do in a few months.
                          i should have listed to you three hours ago and purchased when the economy was apparently worse than it is right now!

sigpic

Comment

i should have listed to you three hours ago and purchased when the economy was apparently worse than it is right now!
                            It's gone up 850 points in one day. Buy now or lose out on the incredible bullmarket we're about to have.

Comment

It's gone up 850 points in one day. Buy now or lose out on the incredible bullmarket we're about to have.
                              You should start a separate thread based on this meteoric rise, extolling the virtues of Obama's economy.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X