Those wacky scientologists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
    I frequent all those message boards, and their criticism of Mormonism can't hold a candle to their fanatical condemnation of Scientology. Perhaps you're referring to your anti-mo boards?
    No, I think what he is saying is that is way crazy for Mormons in this thread to be talking about weird Scientology beliefs because Mormons have weird beliefs themselves. I don't think he took time to read the thread. But that doesn't matter because all he really wants is a vehicle by which he can say Mormons are weird for believing what they do.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
      No, I think what he is saying is that is way crazy for Mormons in this thread to be talking about weird Scientology beliefs because Mormons have weird beliefs themselves. I don't think he took time to read the thread. But that doesn't matter because all he really wants is a vehicle by which he can say Mormons are weird for believing what they do.
      And he probably has a point. We all embrace our own weird.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMccLohQKIA
        We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
          Randall Carlisle is still alive? :shock:

Comment

Such a load of crap.
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Such a load of crap.
              Totally agree. No way is Randall Carlisle still alive. No way.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Such a load of crap.
                Scientology and Mormonism are morally equivalent.
                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                  Scientology and Mormonism are morally equivalent.
                  Disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Totally agree. No way is Randall Carlisle still alive. No way.
                    I thought he'd have drunk himself into oblivion by now.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      Disagree.
                      SU is using the Orlando tragedy on FB to take another swipe at religion in general.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        SU is using the Orlando tragedy on FB to take another swipe at religion in general.
                        That seems very out of character for him. He must still be processing all of this so let's extend charity and not return fire.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          That seems very out of character for him. He must still be processing all of this so let's extend charity and not return fire.
                          Also, let's make sure he's eating. Don't lecture him on the type or quantity of the food, however.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Scientologist Clay Bock is running for city council in Garden Grove, California. Of course, nothing wrong with that, but Bock was a member of OSA, the dirty-tricks group within Scientology who successfully infiltrated the IRS back in the day. Some ex-Scientologist member named Paulien Lombard enlivened an otherwise dreary city council meeting this week when she asked to speak on Clay Bock's candidacy.

Comment

This didn't fit perfectly anywhere else. This seemed like the best place to link it.

http://www.sltrib.com/entertainment/...ay-orson-scott
                              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                                This didn't fit perfectly anywhere else. This seemed like the best place to link it.

http://www.sltrib.com/entertainment/...ay-orson-scott
                                I am a fan of Sci-Fi. Maybe I will check out that show. Thanks for the heads up.
                                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Working...
                                X