• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    In anticipation of Katy's broadside....
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      Super mean. Why are you so mean to the single remaining woman who posts here?
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

broad·side

/ˈbrôdˌsīd/

noun

noun: broadside; plural noun: broadsides

a nearly simultaneous firing of all the guns from one side of a warship.

synonyms: salvo, volley, cannonade, barrage, blast, fusillade
        "the gunners fired broadsides"

•a strongly worded critical attack.
        "broadsides against political correctness"

synonyms: criticism, censure, polemic, diatribe, tirade; More
        attack, onslaught;

literaryphilippic

"a broadside against the economic reforms"

•the set of guns that can fire on each side of a warship.

•the side of a ship above the water between the bow and quarter.

a sheet of paper printed on one side only, forming one large page.
        "a broadside of Lee's farewell address"
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

mean? that is a compliment.

i forgot, you like Nicole Kidman.

sigpic

Comment

Actually, this is a momentous post from me. Search through all my posts and you will find this is the first time I have ever paid Mormonism a compliment. Thus does an amazingly disciplined streak come to an end.
            I think it's your first step back into the fold. It might be time to send the missionaries over again.

Comment

Someone should draw some comparisons between Hubbard living a flotilla to avoid taxes and John Taylor hiding out and sleeping on a different couch every night to avoid prosecution for polygamy.
              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Soccermom is not amused.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                  I think it's your first step back into the fold. It might be time to send the missionaries over again.
                  Two sisters came by yesterday. They had done their homework, because the first thing they said trying to make small talk was to ask if I was a Utah fan. I responded to the small talk but finally said let's not waste one another's time (I was polite; I always feel very sorry for them).

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

SU, you do realize that YOhio was correct, and Tommy Davis did flee Scientology, right? Prescient YO.

I also think nicole kidman is beautiful. She paid a hefty price to leave Scientology- her two kids are estranged from her, thanks to the religious lessons that taught them to recognize the SP in their mother.

Comment

Two sisters came by yesterday. They had done their homework, because the first thing they said trying to make small talk was to ask if I was a Utah fan. I responded to the small talk but finally said let's not waste one another's time (I was polite; I always feel very sorry for them).
                      That wasn't small talk. That question was some real chaff separation. Smart sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                        SU, you do realize that YOhio was correct, and Tommy Davis did flee Scientology, right? Prescient YO.

I also think nicole kidman is beautiful. She paid a hefty price to leave Scientology- her two kids are estranged from her, thanks to the religious lessons that taught them to recognize the SP in their mother.
                        Wikipedia doesn't mention that he is an apostate. He left the employ of the church.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Davis_(Scientology)

In that interval I've known several Mormons who have "fled" their religion, but not one scientologist who has.
                        Last edited by SeattleUte; 04-10-2016, 09:57 PM.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by Crockett View Post
                          Are you referring to Aleister Crowley? That was one nasty dude.
                          Crowley was a pretty big Joseph Smith fan. I think he saw him as a renegade. He even wrote Joseph Smith into one of his novels.
                          Last edited by frank ryan; 08-13-2015, 06:21 PM.

Comment

she doesn't have a nice butt though.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crockett View Post
                              Are you referring to Aleister Crowley? That was one nasty dude.
                              I do agree that Hubbard dabbled in the OTO with Parsons- not Crowley who was mostly in England during that time, high on heroin and orgies. But I'm not willing to say that he imported these practices into Scientology. I just don't see any occult practices in Scientology- even the secret stuff.

I always wonder why Parsons never suffered from the stigma of the occult and black magic. He was tremendously into that stuff. (Hubbard was only briefly involved, and mostly as an onlooker). I mean, I dont know of a single aerospace engineer who refuses to work at JPL because of what Parsons did.
                              The whole time Parsons and Hubbard were chums they were working on some sort of spell. Parsons consulted with Crowley on it via correspondence. I've heard a lot of what scientologists refer to as "tech" is magic/occult stuff.

Comment

Wikipedia doesn't mention that he is an apostate. He left the employ of the church.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Davis_(Scientology)

In that interval I've know several Mormons who have "fled" their religion, but not one scientologist who has.
                                You don't "leave" the employ of the church. Never. Especially someone in as public a position as he had. He is hiding out keeping his mouth shut so he can still see Anne Archer at Christmas and so the squirrel patrol doesnt videotape and harass him at home for 150 days in a row.

You do know that there are probably 40,000 Scientologists in the entire world, right? You probably don't know any scientologists who have fled their religion because you probably don't know any scientologists. I've only ever known 1 scientology family and half of them converted to Mormonism. According to you, it would be a soft landing.

Comment

Working...
                                X