Soundbars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soundbars

I'm looking for recommendations on a decent soundbar....well, actually I think I need two of them. One of them will have to be hung from the TV that is already mounted on the wall...so it has to be a slimmer design. The other will go with a TV that is on a stand and sitting on an entertainment center. I've been looking for a while and it seems there are a million options and everyone seems to love their model...which makes me skeptical.

Anyway, this is one I found that would probably work well on the TV that is on a stand. I like the idea of it being flat and the TV sitting on it and it's got some great reviews everywhere. I also like the idea of easily connecting a iPhone to it to play music since this one will be in the living room, which is central to the home: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Q74s2Iv...dBase-670.html

The other one just needs to be slim and mountable, which I think most are. I'm not as worried about quality on this one since it'll be in the game room and mostly used by the kids to watch cartoons and other lame stuff. Anyway, if I go cheap I'm leaning towards this: http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-SB3821-C...less+Subwoofer

Anyone have a soundbar they absolutely love?
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Get one that matches the brand of your TV if possible. That way the connection is seamless and you can use one remote control both without any hitches. Also when you turn off your TV it turns off the sound bar and vice a versa.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Get one that matches the brand of your TV if possible. That way the connection is seamless and you can use one remote control both without any hitches. Also when you turn off your TV it turns off the sound bar and vice a versa.
      Hmm, we us Dish Network remotes for both TVs. I'm not sure I can even find the remote that came with the living room TV.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        Hmm, we us Dish Network remotes for both TVs. I'm not sure I can even find the remote that came with the living room TV.
        Doesn't matter. As long as the Dish remote is programmed to your TV, it will control the soundbar.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Boo. That is stereo equipment. Buy it like you would any other stereo equipment. TV makers generally aren't competent stereo makers. Also depends what you will use it for most of the time...music vs gaming vs TV. Will you use it in conjunction with a larger sub?

i have had good luck with Def Tech but I know Yamaha makes a good sound bar.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

http://www.sonos.com/shop/playbar
            I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              Boo. That is stereo equipment. Buy it like you would any other stereo equipment. TV makers generally aren't competent stereo makers. Also depends what you will use it for most of the time...music vs gaming vs TV. Will you use it in conjunction with a larger sub?

i have had good luck with Def Tech but I know Yamaha makes a good sound bar.
              In the living room it'll mostly be used to watch TV and movies with the occasional music being played. The problem I'm having is that the living room ceiling is high (two stories high) and the TV speaker just doesn't cut it. The room doesn't have the best accoustics for TV watching so I'm not looking for a top of the line model, just something that projects good sound for random TV/movie watching. I've got a study that is already wired for surround sound, which when I finally get around to buying a TV will become my study/media room. I'll put the nicer speakers in the study.

I honestly don't need a soundbar in the game room and I'm considering not getting one, but if I can find a cheap solution that helps project good sound I might get it and install it. So far the kids haven't copmlained...but of course all they do is watch cartoons and play wii...and watch the occasional movie.

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
              Nope, I've toyed with that idea but I just don't want to fork out the cash for sonos.

Comment

I have a Samsung that I like.

Comment

Kilpsch Bluetooth. Looks good, sounds great.

Comment

Bump. Looking for something decent ~$200. Any recommendations? Would like HDMI ARC if possible, but not sure if that is available at that price point.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I ended up getting a ZVOX sound bar (or it's really a platform since the tv sits on top of it). I've loved it but it was a bit more than your price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        I ended up getting a ZVOX sound bar (or it's really a platform since the tv sits on top of it). I've loved it but it was a bit more than your price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I'm not really interested in those sound slabs, despite good reviews. Too ugly.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          Bump. Looking for something decent ~$200. Any recommendations? Would like HDMI ARC if possible, but not sure if that is available at that price point.
                          There's a Samsung Soundbar at Costco that's normally $250 and it's $110 off right now. It has HDMI arc and it's better than their other soundbars in that price range. You can tell it's not the Bose but it's also seems to sound better than the Vizio, LG, etc
                          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                            There's a Samsung Soundbar at Costco that's normally $250 and it's $110 off right now. It has HDMI arc and it's better than their other soundbars in that price range. You can tell it's not the Bose but it's also seems to sound better than the Vizio, LG, etc
                            Nice. I'll check that out.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                              Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              Nice. I'll check that out.
                              I have a Vizio, Klipsch, and the above Samsung. Perhaps because it is 5 years newer, but I can't tell any difference between the Samsung and Klipsch. The Vizio comes in a distant third, but again that may have to do with being connected to the oldest television, which only has Apple TV

Comment

Working...
                              X