Boyd K Packer passes away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    ...makes me wonder if God let him live just long enough to see gay marriage legal in the whole USA
    Or maybe it was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
      I thought the same thing.
      Or . . . that was what finished him off.
      Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
      God forgives many things for an act of mercy
      Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        Is PFS trolling OW, or is "imaginary" supposed to be a respectful way of saying whatever she's saying?
        She probably had "mock," "fantasy," or "pretend" in her draft but thought imaginary was the least inflammatory adjective for this sentence.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Is PFS trolling OW, or is "imaginary" supposed to be a respectful way of saying whatever she's saying?

Trolling? How would you have written that sentence?
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

How did Kate Kelly show up in the thread?
            I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
              Elder Nelson is one day older than Elder Packer. Judging by Nelson's health, he might as well be 15-20 years younger.
              I'm sure Nelson realizes that as well, which makes his new responsibility a sobering one for him. I like all the apostles, but I find Elder Nelson to be particularly likable and think he would lead the church well.
              sigpic
              "Outlined against a blue, gray
              October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
              Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

I wouldn't have written that sentence.

Assuming she was intending to say what I think she was intending to say, "hypothetical" might have better expressed the sentiment.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I thought the same thing when I read that.

Simulated?
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    Simulated?
                    That's the winner. Imaginary.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Boyd was a classmate of my Grandfathers at Box Elder High School. My grandfather showed me picture of class with him in it. My Grandfather was talkaholic heard at reunion Boyd may have said who are you or brushed him off. May have shook hands but he wasn't,t easiest to talk too. Do to position they want some privacy.

I think a few of his nephews worked on farms in Honeyville owned by my relatives. Seems in some ways to have sense of humor came across strict though. Did not mince words. Last conference I could hardly understand him. Good talk though.

Comment

Elder Packer ordained my dad a bishop once upon a time and also came to Saudi Arabia in the early 80s while we were living there and organized it as a stake. RIP.
                        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                          I'm sure Nelson realizes that as well, which makes his new responsibility a sobering one for him. I like all the apostles, but I find Elder Nelson to be particularly likable and think he would lead the church well.
                          The last time I met Elder Nelson (about four or five years ago) I had a chance to chat with for a bit. It seemed like his mind was as sharp as ever. In fact, he remembered when I had met him as a young boy much better than I did. What a great guy.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                            Elder Nelson is one day older than Elder Packer. Judging by Nelson's health, he might as well be 15-20 years younger.
                            I wonder if having a 25 year younger wife has anything to do with that?
                            "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Dick Norse posted on FB that BKP used to call him up and chew him out frequently as a result of displeasure with how news was reported on KSL.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Dick Norse posted on FB that BKP used to call him up and chew him out frequently as a result of displeasure with how news was reported on KSL.
                                Could you tell if he was saying it in a critical way of BKP or just as a passing comment on BKP's personality?

Comment

Working...
                                X