I know who you are...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know who you are...

New website called backgroundalert.com is taking off due to the substantial amount of information it can gather on any individual.

Simply enter someone's name and BackgroundAlert will instantly search over 37 billion public records from thousands of federal, state and commercial databases to provide you with a background report with tons of personal details.

With the click of a mouse you can now have access to anyone's criminal records, arrest history, marriage records, divorce records, address history, known relatives, associates, licenses, sex offenders search, mug shots and the list goes on and on.
    https://www.backgroundalert.com/pa/?...523&sub2=32277

You have to sign-up and pay a fee to access the full database, but out of curiousity I inputed my name and was surprised it came back with a little information (Family, relatives) without signing up.

DB, there are a zillion sites like that on the internet. Nothing new or original there.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      DB, there are a zillion sites like that on the internet. Nothing new or original there.
      Well.. I guess the good news is that it shows I am not some internet stalker of sorts... Go ahead and delete if you like..

Comment

I looked for kicks and giggles.

The only thing that was new or stood out to me was - I signed up for some "free" something once and purposefully spelled my first name wrong because I wanted to see how much junk mail was generated as a result of getting on someone's mailing list. That incorrectly spelled first name was listed as one of my aliases on the website. Funny.

For those who are curious - the amount of junk mail can be weighted in lbs - and more than a few. There was a time I got something at least 2-3 times a week, and some weeks I got something every day. It was 10 years ago, and I still get an occasional mailing with that name on it.

Comment

Crap there can be graphic information!

I love how they get you to pay for the info and then when you click away, it says "wait! we can give you unlimited access for $1.00!" (instead of the 22 bucks on the previous screen). Ha.

They had an alias for me that I had never seen before. That was cool.

Comment

Wow... there are like a billion "Ted Nugents" on that web site.
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Per the website, I now have a relative that only exits in the virtual world. For some time, someone with my same last name came across my public address and phone number and has been using it. So we get mail and phone calls from collection agencies, legal offices, etc. Needless to say, it is an annoyance. Good to know she's considered a relative per the website.
              “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
              "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

I'm not listed. The advantage of a plain and common name I guess.
                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
                  I'm not listed. The advantage of a plain and common name I guess.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Before any of you do a search on me and find out my true identity, I'll do a full disclosure right now. I'm not proud of who I am, but dammit, sometimes a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no...incart_m-rpt-1

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
                    X