Micro-dosing and the biological passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro-dosing and the biological passport

Not exactly an earth shattering revelation (I think many observers have suggested that micro-dosing EPO is feasible with biological passport system), but kind of an interesting article about a guy who did micro-dosing of EPO to see if the system would pick it up:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-32983932
    Last edited by pelagius; 06-08-2015, 12:28 PM.

Interesting, but the author is a wussy. If you're not competing, who cares if you're better off because you take EPO? Vitamins work well too, are you going to feel bad because of your vitamin regimen?

What about kids who take ritalin to help them focus on the SAT? Is that cheating? What about the kids with a diagnosis of ADHD who take ritalin AND who get an extra 2 hours to take the SAT? Isn't that cheating? What if their drug-enhanced SAT score gets them a scholarship over my clear son who doesn't drug up. Is that fair?

Comment

Fascinating stuff. I wonder if he is exaggerating his feeing of wrongdoing? I tend to think that the mindset if guys like Armstrong or pantani or Ullrich etc., results in their not feeing guilty at all. To be at the top of that level of athletics seems to take a wholly different attitude. A win at almost any cost attitude.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
        Fascinating stuff. I wonder if he is exaggerating his feeing of wrongdoing? I tend to think that the mindset if guys like Armstrong or pantani or Ullrich etc., results in their not feeing guilty at all. To be at the top of that level of athletics seems to take a wholly different attitude. A win at almost any cost attitude.
        I think you're probably right about exaggerating his feeling of wrongdoing. Obligatory for making him look good/sympathetic?

Comment

Originally posted by pelagius View Post
          I think you're probably right about exaggerating his feeling of wrongdoing. Obligatory for making him look good/sympathetic?
          Exactly. I am guessing when he was out on the road he very much enjoyed kicking somebody's butt to the top of some mountain.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
          X