Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: This (not) Bud's for you old_gregg: the official craft beer thread.

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Hold up here. Are you telling me that a server in a Washington bar agrees with a thirsty patron who thinks Utah alcohol restrictions are stupid? Have you made your state representative aware of this development?
    I had this conversation after I finished this great flight of beers and paid the bill. I was not thirsty at all! I did really like what English Setter Brewing had to offer.

IMG_20161125_151231.jpg

FYI, the 7-UP is not mine.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    I had this conversation after I finished this great flight of beers and paid the bill. I was not thirsty at all! I did really like what English Setter Brewing had to offer.

IMG_20161125_151231.jpg

FYI, the 7-UP is not mine.
    Looks like a nice assortment of IBC and IBC cream soda varieties. I'd be down for that.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Funk, you've got a problem.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Funk, you've got a problem.
    Explain. I see no problem here.

l-3944.jpg
    Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 04-04-2017 at 02:02 PM.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Looks like a nice assortment of IBC and IBC cream soda varieties. I'd be down for that.
    I'm not a big fan of sugar chemical water. I wouldn't be down for that.
    --SeattleUte

I'm not a big fan of sugar chemical water. I wouldn't be down for that.
    honest question: are all your craft beers brewed per Bavarian purity laws or something similar?
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    honest question: are all your craft beers brewed per Bavarian purity laws or something similar?
    Not all of them follow Reinheitsgebot. The Bohemian Brewery in Utah does follow the Reinheitsgebot.

Although there may be other ingredients than barley, malt, water, and yeast, the good breweries aren't using a bunch of adjuncts and fillers. That is the difference.
    --SeattleUte

Not all of them follow Reinheitsgebot. The Bohemian Brewery in Utah does follow the Reinheitsgebot.

Although there may be other ingredients than barley, malt, water, and yeast, the good breweries aren't using a bunch of adjuncts and fillers. That is the difference.
    This post intimidates me. I like what I like, and it's usually from a craft brewery, but I have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

Can I still drink craft beer?

Only one alcoholic beverage may be in front of you at once. 2 beers (no matter how little is in them) would be having multiple beverages. Utah does allow a 2 ounce sample pour of a beer. However, you can only have 1 sample at a time. The rationale, alcohol is evil and we need to prevent people from drinking it. Even more absurd, you cannot have anything on tap over 4.0 ABV.

Last time I was in Washington, I went to the English Setter Brewing. I was able to get a flight (I think 2 ounce pours) of all 9 beers on tap. It was pretty good beer and fun to try the full lineup. I spoke with the waitress and joked about the uniqueness of being able to get the flight. She was amazed at the stupidity of Utah's laws.
    Here's what they serve.

Capture.JPG

2 Row Tastes Like Citrus IPA wins the 2017 Utah beer challenge (for high weight beers). Elephino knocked off the top after winning it the past few years.

I fully agree with these results, Tastes Like Citrus IPA is the best beer made in this state. Shades of Pales Salt City Citrus is right there with it.

Flystripper, next time you are in Zion, you need to give 2 Row a try. They just make really good IPAs.
    --SeattleUte

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    This post intimidates me. I like what I like, and it's usually from a craft brewery, but I have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

No. Get educated!
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post

Yes drink in good health and continue supporting craft breweries.
    --SeattleUte

I purchased several shares of BUD stock in February, so please be sure to return to Budweiser products when you're done imbibing your Polygamy Porters. TIA.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

2 Row Tastes Like Citrus IPA wins the 2017 Utah beer challenge (for high weight beers). Elephino knocked off the top after winning it the past few years.

I fully agree with these results, Tastes Like Citrus IPA is the best beer made in this state. Shades of Pales Salt City Citrus is right there with it.

Flystripper, next time you are in Zion, you need to give 2 Row a try. They just make really good IPAs.
    Will do! Next time you are in Anaheim go to Nobel Aleworks (right next to Angel's Stadium). They are my current SoCal favorite.

All of the Showers series that they do are bomb diggity (currently they have Lemon Drop showers going).

I am not a big stout guy, but I drink their Naughty Sauce every time I find it. It looks like a wheat beer (gold and hazy in color) but tastes loaded with coffee without tasting or feeling heavy. Its such a contradiction but sooooo delicious.

https://www.noblealeworks.com/
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    No. Get educated!
    Guess I'll have to take the Deschutes Brewery tour, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    Will do! Next time you are in Anaheim go to Nobel Aleworks (right next to Angel's Stadium). They are my current SoCal favorite.

All of the Showers series that they do are bomb diggity (currently they have Lemon Drop showers going).

I am not a big stout guy, but I drink their Naughty Sauce every time I find it. It looks like a wheat beer (gold and hazy in color) but tastes loaded with coffee without tasting or feeling heavy. Its such a contradiction but sooooo delicious.

https://www.noblealeworks.com/
    I'm not a big stout fan either, but Naughty Sauce looks incredible.

I'm be tempted to drink Irish I was a Little Bit Taller just for the name.
    --SeattleUte

I've cut back on beer because of the carbs but Naughty Sauce is a very good stout.

Quote Originally Posted by newboots View Post
    I've cut back on beer because of the carbs but Naughty Sauce is a very good stout.
    Well, well, well. Look who came to join in the horse talk fresh off his CB suspension!
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Speaking of stouts. Great Notion Brewing in Portland had one of the best stouts that I've had (again not my preferred style).

It was the Double Stack Imperial Stout. It is brewed with coffee and maple syrup. It tasted like breakfast. It was a really good stout. Great Notion also really had a great lineup of sours.
    --SeattleUte

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Well, well, well. Look who came to join in the horse talk fresh off his CB suspension!
    I think I may have pissed off some people here, but I will add advice when I can.

Unita 801 Coffee Pilsner is just a really good session beer. It's like a pilsner and a cup of coffee had a child.

Uinta isn't my favorite brewery, but I do think they make the best session beers.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    --SeattleUte

Unita 801 Coffee Pilsner is just a really good session beer. It's like a pilsner and a cup of coffee had a child.
    A bona fide WOW nightmare!
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    A bona fide WOW nightmare!
    https://youtu.be/S-dfOQUc8vQ

--SeattleUte

https://youtu.be/S-dfOQUc8vQ

Oh my! I'm putting away my coffee pot right now!

Quote Originally Posted by newboots View Post
    Oh my! I'm putting away my coffee pot right now!
    Also beware of judgment if you bring anyone else a coffee.

https://youtu.be/0RGnEJRkIDA

--SeattleUte

RoHa Brewing Project another very good brewery added to a state that already has lots of very good breweries. Had 2 session beers on tap and both were really quite good. A. Fisher Brewing was a disappointment. The setup for the brewery is really great. Nice space and rotating food truck. It is nice to be able to grab a pint and something from a food truck. Problem is that both beers that I had were really mediocre.

Also, I've been sleeping on Shades of Pale. That is the place locally that is make the most interesting Belgiums and sours. 2 Row also has just become an amazing IPA shop. I find myself mostly drinking 2 Row and Shades of Pale these days. However, if RoHa gets cans of their Back Porch Pale Ale or Three Deep American Ale on shelves in grocery stores, I could see myself drinking a lot of their beers.
    --SeattleUte

Out running some errands today. Kiitos brewing opened up it's tap room yesterday. The blackberry sour is good. It is definitely one of the more tart beers that I've had.

The taproom is nice. Quiet without loud music playing to carry on a conversation. A nice addition to the growing taproom scene in SLC.
    --SeattleUte

2 Row Brewing released a Raspberry Sour today. I'm definitely going to head over the brewery tonight and pick-up a couple of bottles of it. I'm interested to see if Utah's IPA master can make a good sour as well.

Also, Squatters is releasing Fifth Element tomorrow. It has been nearly 2 years since the last release of this one. I'll be standing in line tomorrow morning to get my 2 bottles.
    --SeattleUte

2 Row Brewing released a Raspberry Sour today. I'm definitely going to head over the brewery tonight and pick-up a couple of bottles of it. I'm interested to see if Utah's IPA master can make a good sour as well.

Also, Squatters is releasing Fifth Element tomorrow. It has been nearly 2 years since the last release of this one. I'll be standing in line tomorrow morning to get my 2 bottles.
    Is this real? You have to stand in line for Squatters?
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali