Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This (not) Bud's for you old_gregg: the official craft beer thread.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie View Post
    as one who enjoys craft beer, I can't really argue but I still love it.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    as one who enjoys craft beer, I can't really argue but I still love it.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

2016 Elder Brett released

More seasonal sours.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    2016 Elder Brett released

More seasonal sours.
    Elder Brett is a decent companion. Good, but not great.
    --SeattleUte

Elder Brett is a decent companion. Good, but not great.
    You and your dad share an Elder Brett after P-hood?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    You and your dad share an Elder Brett after P-hood?
    This is a super mean post.

Hop Nosh Tangerine IPA released today by Uinta. I'm really excited to try this one, although my experience with fruit IPAs is mixed, I like Hop Nosh a lot and I'm excited to give this one a try. The description of it and the review of it makes it sound fantastic. When someone compares it favorably to Grapefruit Sculpin, I'm going to try it.
    --SeattleUte

mpfunk on the wrong side of the trend.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...crawl-new-york
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Quote Originally Posted by kccougar View Post
    mpfunk on the wrong side of the trend.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...crawl-new-york
    So I'm no longer a hipster. Those that don't drink alcohol that are hipsters.

--SeattleUte

400 bottles of Paardebloem being sold at Red Rock at 11:00 a.m. tomorrow. 2 per person limit. I'm going to try to get my hands on my 2 bottle limit. Here is hoping for the best.

I've never had it but it sounds incredibly interesting.

Paardebloem (a Flemish term for dandelion) is a Gold Medal winning collaboration beer created by Red Rock’s head brewer, Kevin Templin and former Red Rock brewer, Chris McCombs (now of New Belgium Brewing Co). It’s a Belgian style ale that’s brewed with dandelion greens, toasted Pilsner malt, grains of paradise and peaches. It’s barrel aged for one year, then bottle conditioned. 9.2% ABV.
    --SeattleUte

400 bottles of Paardebloem being sold at Red Rock at 11:00 a.m. tomorrow. 2 per person limit. I'm going to try to get my hands on my 2 bottle limit. Here is hoping for the best.

If you were really serious about getting ahold of a couple of bottles, you wouldn't advertise it to the world.
    "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
    -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Sounds gross.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post
    If you were really serious about getting ahold of a couple of bottles, you wouldn't advertise it to the world.
    Meh, no one here is going to go and get any of them.
    --SeattleUte

11 am seems a little early to start drinking.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    As craft beer guru Jimmy Buffet once said "it's 5 o'clock somewhere"

Also I completely agree with falafel, that beer sounds disgusting.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

I will not be drinking them at 11 a.m. in a morning. Nor am I going to drink 2 750 ml 9.4 abv beers in a sitting. What do you think I am some sort of drunk? That would be a super mean post to make.

Also, it isn't that early. On Saturday Epic is selling at 10:00 a.m. 150 bottles of their special Sour Brainless on Peaches. I won't be getting that one.
    Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 04-22-2016 at 04:31 PM.
    --SeattleUte

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    As craft beer guru Jimmy Buffet once said "it's 5 o'clock somewhere"

Also I completely agree with falafel, that beer sounds disgusting.
    You know, I have my doubts about a beer that uses dandelion greens in place of hops. I love hops. However, Red Rock makes fantastic beers and I've never had a sour or Belgian Style ale from them. It is worth giving a try.
    --SeattleUte

sounds good
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

I got the very last ticket to be able to get some. Standing in line. Looking like I will be here awhile.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    --SeattleUte

The verdict, Paardebloem is excellent.

--SeattleUte

IMG_20160511_135814574.jpg

Well it's not a wide selection, but this little joint in Crawley, UK has something for you.

sierra nevada pale ale a craft beer? hmm
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    Its an Ale, not a Craft Beer.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

tbh i'm out of my element here
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Sierra Nevada is pretty big, but it is good beer. It meets the Brewers Association definition or a craft brewery, not that it really matters.

--SeattleUte

Really impressed with New England beer. Dogfish Head, Allagash, Maine Beer, Bissell Brothers, Cambridge Brewing.

Enjoying a Stone Enjoy By 5/30/16 Tangerine IPA right now.
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

What happens if you don't get the chance to enjoy it by 5/30/16? Also what if something unrelated to the beer causes you to not enjoy it? That seems like too much pressure from a beverage, Diet Coke has never put that much pressure on me.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    What happens if you don't get the chance to enjoy it by 5/30/16? Also what if something unrelated to the beer causes you to not enjoy it? That seems like too much pressure from a beverage, Diet Coke has never put that much pressure on me.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

It is both!! Ale is a type of beer. There are also various categories within ales as well: IPA, pale ale, brown ale, etc. Ales tend to be more delicious than the other major category of beer, lagers. My 2 favorite styles (IPA and sours) are both ales.

Thank you for taking an interest in the beer discussion. Your timing is great as next week is American Craft Beer week.

tbh i'm out of my element here
    We agree on something

I still think that this thread should be moved to the diner.
    Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 05-12-2016 at 02:32 PM.
    --SeattleUte

Quote Originally Posted by BoylenOver View Post
    Really impressed with New England beer. Dogfish Head, Allagash, Maine Beer, Bissell Brothers, Cambridge Brewing.

Enjoying a Stone Enjoy By 5/30/16 Tangerine IPA right now.
    With the fabulous distribution of beer into Utah, I've only tried one of those brands of beer. Dogfish Head is really really good beer, but I've only tried a couple of their IPAs.

I'm actually a big fan of the new trend of citrus IPAs. I grew to love IPAs when my beer mentor, Flystripper, gave me the advice to get a great IPA and after it hits you with all the bitter up front, to taste the citrus/floral notes after. I was hooked after that. I really like the citrus IPAs for that extra citrus flavor. Uinta has released a Tangerine Hop Nosh that I still really need to get to the brewery to try.
    --SeattleUte

I still think that this thread should be moved to the diner.
    Done.