Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This (not) Bud's for you old_gregg: the official craft beer thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This (not) Bud's for you old_gregg: the official craft beer thread.

I hope this thread will help old_gregg and I finally bury the hatchet.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Damnit, this was supposed to go in the diner. This is why I don't start new threads.
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

the title is also a little bit confusing.

i first thought of the old Pearl Jam song.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Certainly not recent, but certainly old_gregg's craft beer thread is a good place for this story. The Budweiser ad about craft beer did not go over well.

http://time.com/money/3695498/budwei...ng-craft-beer/
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          the title is also a little bit confusing.

i first thought of the old Pearl Jam song.
          It is a poorly executed play on the this Bud's for you slogan. Bud is most certainly not a craft beer.
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
            It is a poorly executed play on the this Bud's for you slogan. Bud is most certainly not a craft beer.
            i understand the reference but confused as to why you placed "not" before the bud?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              i understand the reference but confused as to why you placed "not" before the bud?
              I was concerned that if the (not) was placed after Bud that the interpretation would be that the beer is not for old_gregg. I wanted to convey that the beer is for old_gregg, but that it is a beer that is not a Bud that is for him.
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                I was concerned that if the (not) was placed after Bud that the interpretation would be that the beer is not for old_gregg. I wanted to convey that the beer is for old_gregg, but that it is a beer that is not a Bud that is for him.
                Understood.

disagree with your choice but it is my (not) thread.

sigpic

Comment

Are craft root beers in scope or out for this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                    I'm a big tent person. I would welcome discussion of craft root beers in this thread.
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                      Out.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        Don't you have Deron Brunson to depose?
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                          Clark, you've just received something very rare: DH's blessing to start a new thread. Don't waste this opportunity.
                          "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                          "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                          This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                          "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                          "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            Don't you have Deron Brunson to depose?
                            Presently deposing.
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                              Clark, you've just received something very rare: DH's blessing to start a new thread. Don't waste this opportunity.
                              Not so fast! DH is certainly going to point Clark to one of the following existing threads.

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...ight=root+beer

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...ight=root+beer
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                              X