Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This (not) Bud's for you old_gregg: the official craft beer thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surfah posted this in another thread, but it needs to be mentioned here:

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...breast-cancer/

Alcohol is a strong carcinogen. All that crap about moderate usage being good for you? Junk science funded by the alcohol industry.

Funk, I have a delicious DMD with your name on it. Time to get on the wagon, buddy!
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Surfah posted this in another thread, but it needs to be mentioned here:

Alcohol is a strong carcinogen. All that crap about moderate usage being good for you? Junk science funded by the alcohol industry.

Funk, I have a delicious DMD with your name on it. Time to get on the wagon, buddy!
      If I die earlier because of craft beer, it will be a life well lived.

Also, that DMD is certainly full of carcinogens as well. I am just going to drink myself into an earlier grave with something that tastes better.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Also one other thing to add, beer/alcohol and DMD are not substitutes. I'm not going to start my morning with a refreshing beer. I'm going to start my morning with a cup of coffee. Coffee and DMD are substitutes.
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
          Also one other thing to add, beer/alcohol and DMD are not substitutes. I'm not going to start my morning with a refreshing beer. I'm going to start my morning with a cup of coffee. Coffee and DMD are substitutes.
          Some people even drink DMD during non-morning hours.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Also one other thing to add, beer/alcohol and DMD are not substitutes. I'm not going to start my morning with a refreshing beer. I'm going to start my morning with a cup of coffee. Coffee and DMD are substitutes.
            We've already determined that Coffee has carcinogens too.

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...ee#post1354006

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
              Some people even drink DMD during non-morning hours.
              Just like some of us supplement our morning coffee with an afternoon pick me up.
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Just like some of us supplement our morning coffee with an afternoon pick me up.
                I didn't know you were a day-drinker.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

If I die earlier because of craft beer, it will be a life well lived.

Also, that DMD is certainly full of carcinogens as well. I am just going to drink myself into an earlier grave with something that tastes better.
                  No, it is much healthier than alcohol. By a mile.

Come on, man. Get on the wagon!
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Surfah posted this in another thread, but it needs to be mentioned here:

Most of the data points to mild-moderate alcohol consumption having a neutral effect on overall health. There may be some cardioprotective effect, but the therapeutic window for that is pretty narrow before the bad effects kick in.

Heavy alcohol consumption is most strongly correlated with liver, head and neck, and esophageal cancer. Other cancers are also correlated, but only modestly. Again, we are talking about heavy alcohol consumption.

As long as MF, FS, and I keep our craft beer habit to ~1 beer a day, any cancer we may or may not get will be hard to pin on alcohol. But we will need to watch the paunch.
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                      We've already determined that Coffee has carcinogens too.

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...ee#post1354006
                      It's the tannic acid, amirite Talmage?
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                        Most of the data points to mild-moderate alcohol consumption having a neutral effect on overall health. There may be some cardioprotective effect, but the therapeutic window for that is pretty narrow before the bad effects kick in.

Heavy alcohol consumption is most strongly correlated with liver, head and neck, and esophageal cancer. Other cancers are also correlated, but only modestly. Again, we are talking about heavy alcohol consumption.

As long as MF, FS, and I keep our craft beer habit to ~1 beer a day, any cancer we may or may not get will be hard to pin on alcohol. But we will need to watch the paunch.

I'm keeping that habit to ~1 beer a day, so it is all good.
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Couldn't help but think of Funk when I watched this episode of Atlanta last night.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            Couldn't help but think of Funk when I watched this episode of Atlanta last night.

Awesome GoT reference.
                            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• 2 Row Brewing now makes a Sour IPA and it is delicious.

It is not on tap though. Lousy Utah liquor laws.

I wish that I could ask and enjoy around town what IPAs are on tap.
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Interesting on the sour IPA. I've never had that before. My favorite hazy IPA right now is Relax by Offshoot (subsidiary of The Bruery) Its so juicy and refreshing.

Also I spent some time in NorCal this summer and Fieldwork has some really good stuff Garden of Weeden IPA in particular. Just a heads up.
                                Last edited by Flystripper; 08-14-2018, 02:06 PM.
                                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Working...
                                X