Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This (not) Bud's for you old_gregg: the official craft beer thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    As craft beer guru Jimmy Buffet once said "it's 5 o'clock somewhere"

Also I completely agree with falafel, that beer sounds disgusting.
    You know, I have my doubts about a beer that uses dandelion greens in place of hops. I love hops. However, Red Rock makes fantastic beers and I've never had a sour or Belgian Style ale from them. It is worth giving a try.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
      400 bottles of Paardebloem being sold at Red Rock at 11:00 a.m. tomorrow. 2 per person limit. I'm going to try to get my hands on my 2 bottle limit. Here is hoping for the best.

I've never had it but it sounds incredibly interesting.
      sounds good
      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

I got the very last ticket to be able to get some. Standing in line. Looking like I will be here awhile.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

The verdict, Paardebloem is excellent.

--Kendrick Lamar

Comment

IMG_20160511_135814574.jpg

Well it's not a wide selection, but this little joint in Crawley, UK has something for you.

Comment

sierra nevada pale ale a craft beer? hmm
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                Its an Ale, not a Craft Beer.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  tbh i'm out of my element here
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Sierra Nevada is pretty big, but it is good beer. It meets the Brewers Association definition or a craft brewery, not that it really matters.

--Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Really impressed with New England beer. Dogfish Head, Allagash, Maine Beer, Bissell Brothers, Cambridge Brewing.

Enjoying a Stone Enjoy By 5/30/16 Tangerine IPA right now.
                      "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                      "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

What happens if you don't get the chance to enjoy it by 5/30/16? Also what if something unrelated to the beer causes you to not enjoy it? That seems like too much pressure from a beverage, Diet Coke has never put that much pressure on me.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          What happens if you don't get the chance to enjoy it by 5/30/16? Also what if something unrelated to the beer causes you to not enjoy it? That seems like too much pressure from a beverage, Diet Coke has never put that much pressure on me.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            It is both!! Ale is a type of beer. There are also various categories within ales as well: IPA, pale ale, brown ale, etc. Ales tend to be more delicious than the other major category of beer, lagers. My 2 favorite styles (IPA and sours) are both ales.

Thank you for taking an interest in the beer discussion. Your timing is great as next week is American Craft Beer week.

tbh i'm out of my element here
                            We agree on something

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            I still think that this thread should be moved to the diner.
                            Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 05-12-2016, 01:32 PM.
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                              Really impressed with New England beer. Dogfish Head, Allagash, Maine Beer, Bissell Brothers, Cambridge Brewing.

Enjoying a Stone Enjoy By 5/30/16 Tangerine IPA right now.
                              With the fabulous distribution of beer into Utah, I've only tried one of those brands of beer. Dogfish Head is really really good beer, but I've only tried a couple of their IPAs.

I'm actually a big fan of the new trend of citrus IPAs. I grew to love IPAs when my beer mentor, Flystripper, gave me the advice to get a great IPA and after it hits you with all the bitter up front, to taste the citrus/floral notes after. I was hooked after that. I really like the citrus IPAs for that extra citrus flavor. Uinta has released a Tangerine Hop Nosh that I still really need to get to the brewery to try.
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                                I still think that this thread should be moved to the diner.
                                Done.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X