Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This (not) Bud's for you old_gregg: the official craft beer thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    Hold up here. Are you telling me that a server in a Washington bar agrees with a thirsty patron who thinks Utah alcohol restrictions are stupid? Have you made your state representative aware of this development?
    I had this conversation after I finished this great flight of beers and paid the bill. I was not thirsty at all! I did really like what English Setter Brewing had to offer.

IMG_20161125_151231.jpg

FYI, the 7-UP is not mine.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
      I had this conversation after I finished this great flight of beers and paid the bill. I was not thirsty at all! I did really like what English Setter Brewing had to offer.

[ATTACH]7862[/ATTACH]

FYI, the 7-UP is not mine.
      Looks like a nice assortment of IBC and IBC cream soda varieties. I'd be down for that.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Funk, you've got a problem.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Funk, you've got a problem.
          Explain. I see no problem here.

l-3944.jpg
          Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 04-04-2017, 02:02 PM.
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Looks like a nice assortment of IBC and IBC cream soda varieties. I'd be down for that.
            I'm not a big fan of sugar chemical water. I wouldn't be down for that.
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I'm not a big fan of sugar chemical water. I wouldn't be down for that.
              honest question: are all your craft beers brewed per Bavarian purity laws or something similar?
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                honest question: are all your craft beers brewed per Bavarian purity laws or something similar?
                Not all of them follow Reinheitsgebot. The Bohemian Brewery in Utah does follow the Reinheitsgebot.

Although there may be other ingredients than barley, malt, water, and yeast, the good breweries aren't using a bunch of adjuncts and fillers. That is the difference.
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Not all of them follow Reinheitsgebot. The Bohemian Brewery in Utah does follow the Reinheitsgebot.

Although there may be other ingredients than barley, malt, water, and yeast, the good breweries aren't using a bunch of adjuncts and fillers. That is the difference.
                  This post intimidates me. I like what I like, and it's usually from a craft brewery, but I have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

Can I still drink craft beer?
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

Only one alcoholic beverage may be in front of you at once. 2 beers (no matter how little is in them) would be having multiple beverages. Utah does allow a 2 ounce sample pour of a beer. However, you can only have 1 sample at a time. The rationale, alcohol is evil and we need to prevent people from drinking it. Even more absurd, you cannot have anything on tap over 4.0 ABV.

Last time I was in Washington, I went to the English Setter Brewing. I was able to get a flight (I think 2 ounce pours) of all 9 beers on tap. It was pretty good beer and fun to try the full lineup. I spoke with the waitress and joked about the uniqueness of being able to get the flight. She was amazed at the stupidity of Utah's laws.
                    Here's what they serve.

Capture.JPG

Comment

• 2 Row Tastes Like Citrus IPA wins the 2017 Utah beer challenge (for high weight beers). Elephino knocked off the top after winning it the past few years.

I fully agree with these results, Tastes Like Citrus IPA is the best beer made in this state. Shades of Pales Salt City Citrus is right there with it.

Flystripper, next time you are in Zion, you need to give 2 Row a try. They just make really good IPAs.
                      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                        This post intimidates me. I like what I like, and it's usually from a craft brewery, but I have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

No. Get educated!
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

Yes drink in good health and continue supporting craft breweries.
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• I purchased several shares of BUD stock in February, so please be sure to return to Budweiser products when you're done imbibing your Polygamy Porters. TIA.
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

2 Row Tastes Like Citrus IPA wins the 2017 Utah beer challenge (for high weight beers). Elephino knocked off the top after winning it the past few years.

I fully agree with these results, Tastes Like Citrus IPA is the best beer made in this state. Shades of Pales Salt City Citrus is right there with it.

Flystripper, next time you are in Zion, you need to give 2 Row a try. They just make really good IPAs.
                              Will do! Next time you are in Anaheim go to Nobel Aleworks (right next to Angel's Stadium). They are my current SoCal favorite.

All of the Showers series that they do are bomb diggity (currently they have Lemon Drop showers going).

I am not a big stout guy, but I drink their Naughty Sauce every time I find it. It looks like a wheat beer (gold and hazy in color) but tastes loaded with coffee without tasting or feeling heavy. Its such a contradiction but sooooo delicious.

https://www.noblealeworks.com/
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                No. Get educated!
                                Guess I'll have to take the Deschutes Brewery tour, again.
                                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X