Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 151 to 162 of 162

Thread: The Sports Officials Thread

  1. #151

    Default

    Officiated men's league games last night. The nice Jewish boys team has gotten aggressive—they're like a real Elders quorum team now. I had to stop the game and calm both teams down. Their captain kept saying, "we play physical, but don't do cheap shots."

    The fun thing was many of them were sporting kippahs with WE THE NORTH embroidered on them. That's the Raptors slogan:

    Last edited by tooblue; 07-19-2018 at 12:09 PM.

  2. #152
    Huge Member BigPiney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    5,399

    Default

    I have been asked to do a full college season. Community college that is. Of course this means different uniforms and rules.

    Soccer should just go by FIFA laws of the game and be done with it. No, each level has to have their nuances.

    Still should be fun except for the fact that the closest location is a 2 hour drive away. Still really excited.

  3. #153
    Huge Member BigPiney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    5,399

    Default

    Can't wait.

  4. #154
    it's all a blur mtnbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    Can't wait.
    Everything's a red card, right?

  5. #155
    Huge Member BigPiney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    5,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker View Post
    Everything's a red card, right?
    I'm quick on the trigger.

    My hope is to only carry a flag and wave it around. No cards from me.

  6. #156
    Senior Member Omaha 680's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Harlem
    Posts
    8,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    I have been asked to do a full college season. Community college that is. Of course this means different uniforms and rules.

    Soccer should just go by FIFA laws of the game and be done with it. No, each level has to have their nuances.

    Still should be fun except for the fact that the closest location is a 2 hour drive away. Still really excited.
    Congrats! Let us know how the season goes.

    I was asked by a couple colleagues to apply to the Eastern Association of College Football Officials early this year with the goal of working some JC and division III games this season. Then we moved. It seems like breaking in will be harder out west. A lot fewer schools that play football and more people trying to be officials.

  7. #157
    Senior Member Omaha 680's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Harlem
    Posts
    8,012

    Default

    I got my first game assignments in Utah. I'm looking forward to some good old fashioned mormon hospitality on the sidelines.

  8. #158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    I got my first game assignments in Utah. I'm looking forward to some good old fashioned mormon hospitality on the sidelines.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

  9. #159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    I got my first game assignments in Utah. I'm looking forward to some good old fashioned mormon restored church of jesus christ of latter-day saints hospitality on the sidelines.
    fify
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

  10. #160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Tick View Post
    Well this made Church interesting today. We had a member of the ward...a former 70/Bishop/HPGL stop and correct anyone in Gospel Doctrine or in EQ that used the phrase "Mormon". It was super annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    fify
    Say... You don't happen to be in The_Tick's ward do you...?

  11. #161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    Say... You don't happen to be in The_Tick's ward do you...?
    i doubt it, but have attended church in bakersfield on multiple occasions.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

  12. #162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    i doubt it, but have attended church in bakersfield on multiple occasions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •