No announcement yet.

The Sports Officials Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officiated men's league games last night. The nice Jewish boys team has gotten aggressive—they're like a real Elders quorum team now. I had to stop the game and calm both teams down. Their captain kept saying, "we play physical, but don't do cheap shots."

The fun thing was many of them were sporting kippahs with WE THE NORTH embroidered on them. That's the Raptors slogan:

Last edited by tooblue; 07-19-2018, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• I have been asked to do a full college season. Community college that is. Of course this means different uniforms and rules.

Soccer should just go by FIFA laws of the game and be done with it. No, each level has to have their nuances.

Still should be fun except for the fact that the closest location is a 2 hour drive away. Still really excited.

Comment

• Can't wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
          Can't wait.
          Everything's a red card, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
            Everything's a red card, right?
            I'm quick on the trigger.

My hope is to only carry a flag and wave it around. No cards from me.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
              I have been asked to do a full college season. Community college that is. Of course this means different uniforms and rules.

Soccer should just go by FIFA laws of the game and be done with it. No, each level has to have their nuances.

Still should be fun except for the fact that the closest location is a 2 hour drive away. Still really excited.
              Congrats! Let us know how the season goes.

I was asked by a couple colleagues to apply to the Eastern Association of College Football Officials early this year with the goal of working some JC and division III games this season. Then we moved. It seems like breaking in will be harder out west. A lot fewer schools that play football and more people trying to be officials.

Comment

• I got my first game assignments in Utah. I'm looking forward to some good old fashioned mormon hospitality on the sidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                  I got my first game assignments in Utah. I'm looking forward to some good old fashioned mormon hospitality on the sidelines.
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

I got my first game assignments in Utah. I'm looking forward to some good old fashioned mormon restored church of jesus christ of latter-day saints hospitality on the sidelines.
                    fify
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                      Well this made Church interesting today. We had a member of the ward...a former 70/Bishop/HPGL stop and correct anyone in Gospel Doctrine or in EQ that used the phrase "Mormon". It was super annoying.
                      Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                      fify
                      Say... You don't happen to be in The_Tick's ward do you...?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                        Say... You don't happen to be in The_Tick's ward do you...?
                        i doubt it, but have attended church in bakersfield on multiple occasions.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                          i doubt it, but have attended church in bakersfield on multiple occasions.

Comment

• My first playoff game in Utah today. I'm excited and the weather could not be better.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

My first playoff game in Utah today. I'm excited and the weather could not be better.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                              Which game?
                              "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
                                Which game?
                                Quit trying to influence game officials!
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X