Pools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fusnik View Post
    I'm surprised Cardiac is claiming poverty and saying it costs a small vacation, where you vacationing bro? Little Cottonwood Canyon?
    To be fair, they have some nice campgrounds there.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      Free-form, so we don't have a lawn cover.
      our lawn is mostly basis rectangle
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I'm undefeated at HORSE or around the world, nobody can beat me, open challenge.

love reading these posts.

sigpic

Comment

I'd skip the slides and just get volleyball nets and a bball hoop. I'm undefeated at HORSE or around the world, nobody can beat me, open challenge.

A pool is seriously like the greatest, we use it so much to relax, play, cool down.
          Next time I'm in Vegas, bitch.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
            Next time I'm in Vegas, bitch.
            Btw, fusnik mandates that you play skins v. skins.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
              New house and a pool in a downturn for your industry. #chutzpah
              Crude is almost to $60/bbl. maybe you should look to leaving your company and going to a real playa

And BG, that is a nice pool. I'll be showing that to MJ.
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

We have weather that is fairly similar to Vegas for most of the year. We rarely ever use the pool heater. We will occasionally use it in March or October for a birthday party for the kids, but basically from the end of April to the first or second weekend in October the water is above 75 degrees. June July and August it is low to mid 80s. My parents pool in Fresno is usually in the mid 90s, but they usually keep it covered when not in use. No thanks, way too hot. Not even refreshing.

Our pool is about 36,000 gallons. In the spring and fall it takes 6-8 hours to heat it up. I figure it probably costs $50-75 each time we do it. I'd rather just save that money and buy wetsuits instead. At least that way they can get some use out of them in the freezing ocean water we have in far-Northern California.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  Crude is almost to $60/bbl. maybe you should look to leaving your company and going to a real playa

And BG, that is a nice pool. I'll be showing that to MJ.
                  Call me when you guys make up the $10B market cap difference!!!
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                    Call me when you guys make up the $10B market cap difference!!!
                    Well, given historical stock performance it might only take 3-4 years. I once worked for a company with a market cap over $200B, nightmare of nightmares.

Of course, given my 30 hour work weeks I'll be able to enjoy the pool even more!
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                      BG, the free-form pools looks way better than the basis rectangles, but I'm curious if you lose a lot of water due to evaporation without a cover. With the mandatory 25% cutbacks coming into play, I wonder how this will affect pool owners. At the moment, I wish I had a pool (with a cover) in my backyard rather than a big lawn.
                      During the recent Texas drought folks up in the Wichita Falls were placed on rather restrictive water mandate where they couldn't water their lawns or fill their pools. Home owners were paying to have water trucked in to fill their pools. If things get bad like this where you are then it might be a good time to consider a pool given that your lawn will die from the lack of water and pool companies may be offering some great deals.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        Well, given historical stock performance it might only take 3-4 years. I once worked for a company with a market cap over $200B, nightmare of nightmares.

Of course, given my 30 hour work weeks I'll be able to enjoy the pool even more!
                        Last edited by Green Monstah; 04-30-2015, 01:06 PM.
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Our neighbors have a solar heated pool - pipes run under their patio and up the side of their house next to the rainwater downspouts. The solar pipes take up about a quarter of one side of their roof and keep it warm so they just pay the pump costs to circulate the water and have no heating costs.

My sister has a pool - but theirs is old enough that it is starting to break down and they've had to do some replacement of some of the piping and the heater, replace the cover, etc.

Just something to consider - my sister has a small gazebo out by their pool that has 3 small enclosures - a toilet and 2 small changing rooms that 1-2 people can fit in. I'm sure they wish they had a shower too, but the toilet and changing rooms keeps everyone out of the house when kids friends, cousins, etc. come over to swim.

Comment

since we are talking pools, any good way to get around overhead power lines that may be preventing the construction of a pool? i was thinking of offering to have them buried.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              since we are talking pools, any good way to get around overhead power lines that may be preventing the construction of a pool? i was thinking of offering to have them buried.
                              Do they hang over your backyard? Would burying them change the width of the easement? Even if they were buried there's no way you are putting a pool in over them.

Comment

It looks like we're going to have to move into a rental within the next month for 6-7 months. The only place we've been able to find will to give us a short lease, has a good sized pool in the back yard without any kind of safety gate. With a two and one year old running around, this is likely going to give my wife and I an ulcer. We're no free range chicken parents but we're also aware that it only takes a couple of minutes to change our lives forever.

Coming out of the back door, there's a covered patio with two four ft openings on the side and a 12 ft opening to the back yard. This seems like the most logical pinch point to try and fortify (aside from hopefully installing some kind of out of reach locks and alarms on the back sliding door). So for you Texas residents who pride yourselves on putting kids is dangerous predicaments, any suggestions and ideas would be well received.

The owner doesn't want us drilling into the concrete and we'd prefer not to drop a huge chunk of money given our short stay. Thanks (hopefully)
                                I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Working...
                                X