BYU-I Pathways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYU-I Pathways

Anyone doing this? Anyone know anyone that is doing it?

I have thought about going back to school...and this one doesn't seem that bad.

I am still not quite sure how all of it works....other than my Thursday nights would be all jammed up for the next 18 months or so.

Advice/Experience would be awesome.

Education in an investment and a pleasure. If it's an investment, perhaps ask someone who might do the hiring for a job you think you might want how they would view that kind of program on an application of someone they didn't know. If it's to do it for the pleasure of it, is this delivery method the best one for your life? Is there anything innate about it (and that attracts you to it) that you couldn't get somewhere else?
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post

I am still not quite sure how all of it works....other than my Thursday nights would be all jammed up for the next 18 months or so.

Jack Weyland did a presentation on Pathways in our HP group and seems to know what's going on with it. If you want I could get his number and I'm sure he would love to talk to you about it.

Comment

Need more info before answering: is it a liberal arts or welding pathway?
        "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

This made me chuckle...

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
            Jack Weyland did a presentation on Pathways in our HP group and seems to know what's going on with it. If you want I could get his number and I'm sure he would love to talk to you about it.
            I will take Jack's number from you.

I have an issue with the way that he finished one of his books. Horrible.

Comment

I will take Jack's number from you.

I have an issue with the way that he finished one of his books. Horrible.
              One of the guys in our office wanted to know why "Charlie" was so sad at the end. I asked Jack about it and he said that his father was dying at the time and he was in a very sad frame of mind. I thought it was interesting that Jack is a physics professor and not an English teacher or somethings to do with the arts. He's a nice guy, I'll try and get it for you.

Comment

My sister and brother-in-law headed it up in Houston until recently. They thought it was great stuff and helped a lot of people.

Comment

I've seen many presentations on the Pathway program. If I remember correctly, Pathway is setup as a prep program so you can basically get admitted to the BYU-I online system and finish or complete your degree that way. The nice thing is that it's cheap and online. The bad thing is that it's a BYU-I online degree, which can be good if you just need skillz and don't need to flaunt a degree from a crazy good college.

Oh, and you also have to have an EE and sign the honor code, so bust out the razor!!
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                    My sister and brother-in-law headed it up in Houston until recently. They thought it was great stuff and helped a lot of people.
                    I probably know them and they probably visited my ward several times to make a presentation.
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                      I probably know them and they probably visited my ward several times to make a presentation.
                      I'd say that's likely. Niku knows them, too.

Comment

One of the guys in our office wanted to know why "Charlie" was so sad at the end. I asked Jack about it and he said that his father was dying at the time and he was in a very sad frame of mind. I thought it was interesting that Jack is a physics professor and not an English teacher or somethings to do with the arts. He's a nice guy, I'll try and get it for you.
                        Confirmed that RCV and I lived in the same ward about 13 years ago (unless Weyland was visiting from another ward and/or RCV moved to his current ward less than 13 years ago).
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                          Confirmed that RCV and I lived in the same ward about 13 years ago (unless Weyland was visiting from another ward and/or RCV moved to his current ward less than 13 years ago).
                          The good old Rexburg 6th ward. Jack and myself and have been in the ward for the last 13 years. Where did you live? I think I was teaching primary back then so unless you were teaching primary also we may not have crossed paths.

Comment

The good old Rexburg 6th ward. Jack and myself and have been in the ward for the last 13 years. Where did you live? I think I was teaching primary back then so unless you were teaching primary also we may not have crossed paths.
                            Did the ward split since then? I'm pretty certain we were in Jack Weyland's ward, but I looked on the map and it now shows the house we lived in as the Rexburg 16th ward. I lived on Birch Ave. in the basement apartment of one of the strangest family's I've ever met in my life.
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                              Did the ward split since then? I'm pretty certain we were in Jack Weyland's ward, but I looked on the map and it now shows the house we lived in as the Rexburg 16th ward. I lived on Birch Ave. in the basement apartment of one of the strangest family's I've ever met in my life.
                              I'm sure Jack's been in his current home longer than three years. We border the 16th ward but Birch Ave has never been in the 6th ward. Maybe he was visiting. I'm trying to think of strange people who live on Birch and so far all I can think of is the Neilson family.

Comment

Working...
                              X