• Show
Clear All

• Thanks Coach Pope

UVU is lucky to have you.

We are screwed on big man development.

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post

My guess and prediction is Frank Bartley follows him there.

I am not convinced we are screwed on anything yet. Zero sum is for democrats and attorneys!
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

They may get better recruiting from Pope than they did from Hunsaker. I doubt they will get a better coach than Hunsaker. Hunsaker's problem has never been his coaching ability, it is that his treatment of players made Majerus look like nice in comparison.

I wish Hunsaker the best on whatever he decides to do next. I'm happy to report that there is currently not a position open on the Ute coaching staff after Tommy Connor turned down Utah State.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

haha the_tick you are funny. great sense of humor.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
          They may get better recruiting from Pope than they did from Hunsaker. I doubt they will get a better coach than Hunsaker. Hunsaker's problem has never been his coaching ability, it is that his treatment of players made Majerus look like nice in comparison.

I wish Hunsaker the best on whatever he decides to do next. I'm happy to report that there is currently not a position open on the Ute coaching staff after Tommy Connor turned down Utah State.
          I have to agree with you Hunsaker is an absolute jackass. He lacks the likability that Majerus had. UVU refused to renew his contract so it was more like a firing than retirement.

Comment

Thanks Coach Pope

Is there another (newer) Mark Pope thread?

How long is his contract for? Whatever it is, I’m in favor of doubling it with a very expensive buy-out clause. I know it’s early but his combo of recruiting (especially with transfers) and in-game coaching is the best we’ve seen in either basketball or football in a long time.
            Last edited by Art Vandelay; 06-11-2020, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Agree. Very impressed.

Comment

The only thing I hate about Pope is that he’s gone in 4 years or less. I just hope he stays long enough for an assistant to effectively take over the program.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                  The only thing I hate about Pope is that he’s gone in 4 years or less. I just hope he stays long enough for an assistant to effectively take over the program.
                  It’s a shame. Even when we get guys like Pope, Tanner Mangum, Jake Heaps, and Ben Olsen, we never get to keep them for long before they move on to the next level.
                  τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                    Don't be that guy.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      haha the_tick you are funny. great sense of humor.
                      Looks like I was right and you were wrong. RIP.

Comment

Looks like I was right and you were wrong. RIP.
                        Wait, what happened to TripletDaddy? I never met him in real life, but my Bishop was good friends with him. Is this just a RIP because he left the board or did something actually happen to him?

Comment

Originally posted by Jennerstein View Post
                          Wait, what happened to TripletDaddy? I never met him in real life, but my Bishop was good friends with him. Is this just a RIP because he left the board or did something actually happen to him?
                          He is alive and well. Just moved on to different things.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            He is alive and well. Just moved on to different things.
                            Sad.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Thanks Coach Pope

https://www.redbubble.com/i/t-shirt/...50147436.LBH8E
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                              X