Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYU Hoops 2015-2016

Time to get this bad boy started.

since I don't have the attention span to track recruiting/mission kids, my only real hope is that KC comes back.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Again, where would KC go?

Comment

KC has to come back. He needs to develop a more consistent jumper and hopefully become a 3 point threat. We could really use a big man that can consistently hit from 10-15 feet out similar to what Hartsock did.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        KC has to come back. He needs to develop a more consistent jumper and hopefully become a 3 point threat. We could really use a big man that can consistently hit from 10-15 feet out similar to what Hartsock did.
        Can Aytes be that guy? I know very little about him.

Oh, Nate Austin, where did your baseline jumper go?

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
          Time to get this bad boy started.

since I don't have the attention span to track recruiting/mission kids, my only real hope is that KC comes back.
          That's my biggest hope too. They get Emery, Calvert, Hartsock and Shaw back from missions. I'm hoping Emery can make a difference at guard.

Comment

This season BYU lost to utah, split with gonzaga, didn't win the WCC tourney nor the WCC conference, made the ncaa tournament and was bounced in the first round.

If nate Austin comes back things will be WAY different you will see!
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              This season BYU lost to utah, split with gonzaga, didn't win the WCC tourney nor the WCC conference, made the ncaa tournament and was bounced in the first round.

If nate Austin comes back things will be WAY different you will see!
              I'm pretty sure no one here has said Nate Austin coming back is going to be key to what happens next season. But I do think he can help.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                Again, where would KC go?
                Europe or even the D League if he's tired of playing college ball and wants to move on and earn a paycheck somewhere. I don't expect it. He's not Trent Plaisted who I think just wanted to leave no matter where he ended up.
                Last edited by BlueK; 03-18-2015, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Gonzaga loses Pangos, Bell and Wesley off their guard line. They won't be as good next year losing that senior leadership from this team, and all from the same part of the team. I think we get better and they get a little less good and we close the gap with them somewhere between a little to quite a bit next year.
                  Last edited by BlueK; 03-18-2015, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                    Can Aytes be that guy? I know very little about him.

Oh, Nate Austin, where did your baseline jumper go?
                    Kyle Davis was doing that for USU. At least I seem to remember him having a range out to about 12 feet or so anyway.
                    Last edited by BlueK; 03-18-2015, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                      Gonzaga loses Pangos, Bell and Wesley off their guard line. They won't be as good next year losing that senior leadership from this team, and all from the same part of the team. I think we get better and they get a little less good and we close the gap with them somewhere between a little to quite a bit next year.
                      gonzaga loses good players every year. they reload with good players.

We also lose good players this year, how do you figure we will close the gap?
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        gonzaga loses good players every year. they reload with good players.

We also lose good players this year, how do you figure we will close the gap?
                        I gave specifics and you're giving generalities.

And no, Gonzaga didn't lose much from last year, so you're just wrong there. They were pretty good last year as it was but only lost little Stockton and that's about it. They reloaded on top of that with the Pac 12's leadng scorer Wesley, with Wiltjer from Kentucky and with Sabonis, along with another transfer from Vandy who doesn't play all that much yet. That's why national pundits predicted at the beginning of the season that they'd be a final four contender. Gonzaga will add players. The thing is, there is a lot more for them to replace this time than last. And what they have to replace is focused all in the same spot. They're always good. They're not always THIS good. It wasn't that long ago that St. Mary's beat them out for first. BYU can also do it, and it might be sooner than most of us think. Heck, we already beat perhaps the best Zags team ever in freaking Spokane this year despite all our problems.

For BYU we gain where we were weak and where we were strong (Haws) there will be others who will score points, which is most of what we're losing. But scoring points is never the problem for Rose's teams, and no one player will need to replace all of Haws' production. We also lose Halford, Winder and Sharp. Winder we really didn't have at full strength for most of the year anyway, and the interior players replacing Sharp are going to be way better. Halford was a nice surprise this year, but again, we have other guards who can make up for what he did. BYU will be better barring another injury disaster.
                        Last edited by BlueK; 03-18-2015, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Last night I was despondent. I was questioning why I watch sports. Being a BYU fan is going to give me an ulcer (if not something worse). I even told my wife that it would be healthier for my life if I gave up sports. I would have more time, more money, and less heartache. I didn't think that I would be able to sleep. But I did.

This morning I was thinking towards next season. I am excited to select better seats. I give until it hurts to the CC so I better move down and towards the center. I am excited for the video boards and the practice facility to get started. But most of all I am excited to see what next year's team can do. There will be a lot of new faces, and there is a ton of speculation and hope for what they bring. I really hope that the sting of last night will only motivate this team and they will get back to work and start playing together soon.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                            I gave specifics and you're giving generalities.

And no, Gonzaga didn't lose much from last year, so you're just wrong there. They were pretty good last year as it was but only lost little Stockton and that's about it. They reloaded on top of that with the Pac 12's leadng scorer Wesley, with Wiltjer from Kentucky and with Sabonis, along with another transfer from Vandy who doesn't play all that much yet. That's why national pundits prediected at the beginning of the season that they'd be a final four contender. Gonzaga will add players. The thing is, there is a lot more for them to replace this time than last. And what they have to replace is focused all in the same spot. They're always good. They're not always THIS good. It wasn't that long ago that St. Mary's beat them out for first. BYU can also do it, and it might be sooner than most of us think. Heck, we already beat perhaps the best Zags team ever in freaking Spokane this year despite all our problems.

For BYU we gain where we were weak and where we were strong (Haws) there will be others who will score points, which is most of what we're losing. But scoring points is never the problem for Rose's teams, and no one player will need to replace all of Haws' production. We also lose Halford, Winder and Sharp. Winder we really didn't have at full strength for most of the year anyway, and the interior players replacing Sharp are going to be way better. Halford was a nice surprise this year, but again, we have other guards who can make up for what he did. BYU will be better barring another injury disaster.
                            It isn't like we have to replace Haws when we play Gonzaga anyway....he never did squat against them.

Comment

Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                              It isn't like we have to replace Haws when we play Gonzaga anyway....he never did squat against them.
                              LOL. You are so right about that.

Comment

Working...
                              X