• Time
  • Show
Clear All

bump

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
      bump

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...ampions-League
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

That's fine. I didn't know about that other thread.

Comment

That's fine. I didn't know about that other thread.
          I didn't know about either thread.

One experiment I performed on Saturday. I watched the Arsenal-Everton match and noticed how pleasurable it was to watch without commercial interruptions.

Following that I watched a slew of college football, and needed to jump between four games to avoid the onslaught of commercials.
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

OK that Arsenal versus Leicester City match this morning was incredible. What a huge win for Arsenal.

Comment

Yes. I'd been going for Arsenal to win the league, but I was kind of going for Leicester. Fun to see how far they can go. Champions League games start up again this week. Chelsea PSG and Arsenal Barcelona should be good.

Comment

No upsets in the round of 16. Man City's the only English team left. Arsenal didn't put up much of a fight against Barcelona, losing 2-0 and 3-1. Barcelona's so good. There's a program called 90 for 30 on BEIN. They show a game compressed to 30 minutes of highlights. Barcelona's are fun to watch. Messi, Neymar, and Suarez doing ridiculous stuff.

Comment

No upsets in the round of 16. Man City's the only English team left. Arsenal didn't put up much of a fight against Barcelona, losing 2-0 and 3-1. Barcelona's so good. There's a program called 90 for 30 on BEIN. They show a game compressed to 30 minutes of highlights. Barcelona's are fun to watch. Messi, Neymar, and Suarez doing ridiculous stuff.
                  Barcelona could be the greatest team ever. It was like they were toying with Arsenal.

Comment

Some good games today. Chelsea-Atletico, PSG-Bayern (neither of which were chosen as Fox Sports two live TV games). Really dumb that Champions League has 16 games this week involving the best soccer clubs in the world playing and they only have two tv slots for them. Good to see four EPL teams starting out 2-0 in pool play. In Premier league play, the two Manchesters and Chelsea all look really strong.
                    Last edited by jay santos; 09-27-2017, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Some good games today. Chelsea-Atletico, PSG-Bayern. Really dumb that Champions League has 16 games this week involving the best soccer clubs in the world playing and they only have two tv slots for them. Good to see four EPL teams starting out 2-0 in pool play. In Premier league play, the two Manchesters and Chelsea all look really strong.
                      Did you watch Dortmund v RM yesterday? What was up with Pulisic coming off the bench? He starts every league game. By the time he came in it was essentially over.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                        Did you watch Dortmund v RM yesterday? What was up with Pulisic coming off the bench? He starts every league game. By the time he came in it was essentially over.
                        I watched a little while at the gym. I don't understand soccer perfectly, and I don't know Dortmund that well. My understanding is that teams vary somewhat between a Champions League team lineup and a main league lineup like Bundesliga or EPL, especially in group stage, not always fielding their best lineup. I don't get it, because it doesn't seem like a big deal to play a full soccer game twice a week. But it also has to do with developing all their players and distributing playing time to everyone and keeping everyone happy, when on these big teams they are two deep at every position. So I don't think it's a big deal that Pulisic didn't start. I think starting regularly in league play is probably considered the most important.

Comment

Man United bounced out today. Most of the powers are still in, heading into the final 8, except for PSG losing to Real Madrid. Tomorrow, Chelsea-Barcelona has some drama for the last spot in the quarterfinals. Going for Manchester City.

Random soccer comment. What is up with the classic old British fart announcer type who is always full of shock and dismay about how poor a team's defense is on a goal allowed, especially the traditional English powers. Arsenal, Man United, Liverpool, one of these teams gives up a header on a set piece, and it's like you've just witnessed the ultimate travesty in the history of England soccer. Like the coach must be completely brain dead and every player should be taken out and shot.
                          Last edited by jay santos; 03-13-2018, 04:36 PM.

Comment

After Roma's historic comeback in the second leg to bounce Barcelona yesterday, Juventus is trying to do the same thing to Real. In he second half they are only one goal away from forcing extra time.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                              After Roma's historic comeback in the second leg to bounce Barcelona yesterday, Juventus is trying to do the same thing to Real. In he second half they are only one goal away from forcing extra time.
                              Now even. Looks like extra time unless one team can score in the next 5 min
                              "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Wow!!!
                                What an ending.
                                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Working...
                                X