No announcement yet.

Europe Club Soccer -- Champions League, EPL, etc, MLS not allowed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man City plays Leicester today. It's the toughest of their final two games which they need to win both to say ahead of Liverpool. This game will probably the biggest drama, and if they win, they're champs. That was a great race for the league title, though it would have been nice if there was a little more drama at the end against a bigger name.

Comment

Yeah it’s kind of interesting how the schedule doesn’t have the top 6 teams playing each other the last several weeks. Would have been cool for Liverpool to finally win another league title but not likely to happen now.

I have been so frustrated with Arsenal. A top 4 spot has been right there for the taking and they got 1 point in four matches against Crystal Palace, Wolves, Leicester, and Brighton. So bad! Europa League is their only chance now.

Comment

What a goal by Kompany

https://twitter.com/si_soccer/status...061386752?s=12

Comment

I like Liverpool better as a club. Their fans are awesome and they have such tradition. Man City's easy to dislike for some for how their foreign owner bought their way to a great team. But they're so fun to watch, so creative. They're probably my favorite team to watch. That goal by Kompany was great. And that's a great story him getting that goal after being so important to that team for so long and being at the end of his career.

Cardiac. Arsenal? Crap. Like I mentioned before, I adopted Arsenal as my fav team about five years ago when I got into Premier League. They've been so frustrating. The new manager is really annoying to me. One of my pet peeves of club soccer is how they go with a different starting lineup every game. So annoying. You're not that good and not that deep, yet you swap out half your starting lineup from game to game. Why? Tradition? I really don't think it's as taxing as they say to play a midweek game along with your league games on the weekend. Anyway. Maybe I'm wrong. But I look at US pro and college sports and there's zero precedent to swap out all your best players like that. All this bullshit tactics stuff. Tactics? Try playing your best 11 and you might not need to obsess that much about tactics. Arsenal's players are just not that good compared to the other Big 6. It was probably lucky they were in a position to get top 4 anyway, but that was a supreme melt down. Based on what I hear about their transfer budget, it doesn't appear it will get better. Bellerin getting healthy is huge. They need to find a way to utilize Ozil's talent. I'd like to always play with Laca and Auba together. I'd like to give up on Iwobi completely. They need someone to play just like Ramsay. If only there was someone on the roster that could do that. Oh yeah, Ramsay! Really dumb to let him go like that. It would be nice to get a big time center back but probably not happening.
          Last edited by jay santos; 05-07-2019, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Pretty impressive bounce back by Liverpool today, especially without Salah and Firmino
            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by hostile View Post
              Pretty impressive bounce back by Liverpool today, especially without Salah and Firmino
              Wow, just saw the headline on ESPN. I believe they scored three goals in the second half.
              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Liverpool's a great team, but they're without Salah and Firminho, and Barcelona loses 4-0? That's a big time choke job. That last goal was pretty sweet, fake out then quick corner before they're ready. The Liverpool "Never Walk Alone" always gives me goose bumps.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                  I have been so frustrated with Arsenal. A top 4 spot has been right there for the taking and they got 1 point in four matches against Crystal Palace, Wolves, Leicester, and Brighton. So bad! Europa League is their only chance now.
                  I wish you’d take Alexis Sanchez back

Comment

Originally posted by ScoopJahoop View Post
                    I wish you’d take Alexis Sanchez back
                    Honestly, I'd love him back. I think he's not utilized properly there. He's a superstar, and he's only 30 years old. He's erratic and unpredictable at times, but he's always creating and his motor is non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                      Honestly, I'd love him back. I think he's not utilized properly there. He's a superstar, and he's only 30 years old. He's erratic and unpredictable at times, but he's always creating and his motor is non-stop.
                      I think the special one may have ruined him for good.

Comment

Unbelievable. Tottenham scores at 90+6 to advance to finals vs Liverpool. Really happy for Tottenham.

Comment

Premier League is back. My predictions.

1. Man City. Best attack in the world, even if they end up losing Sane to Bayern. Odds favorite to win the Champions League with Liverpool and Barcelona next.
                          2. Liverpool. Best front three combined with solid defense.
                          3. Tottenham. Still might lose Christian Eriksen to transfer which could hurt them.
                          4. Arsenal. Best transfer window bringing in several players to help immediately.
                          5. Man United. Spent a lot but didn't seem to improve the team that much in offseason.
                          6. Chelsea. Lost Hazard to Real Madrid and didn't pick up much to replace him. Will be interesting to see how much Pulisic impacts the team. in the first game today in lost to Man U, he didn't start but came in as a sub. It seems like they're going to be OK with a down year, playing youth, and saving money for a big investment next year.

Comment

If Norwich could beat or even tie Liverpool here that would be amazing.

Man City banned from Champions League for 2 years sucks for them.

Jay I’m bummed your prediction about Arsenal was so wrong. Just 6 wins so far.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                              If Norwich could beat or even tie Liverpool here that would be amazing.

Man City banned from Champions League for 2 years sucks for them.

Jay I’m bummed your prediction about Arsenal was so wrong. Just 6 wins so far.
                              Arsenal's been unbelievably bad. Hopefully the manager change will make a difference. Pretty crazy about Man City. It's too bad if it breaks up their team. They're a fun team to watch. Even if they cheated financially to assemble it.

Comment

First leg of Champions League semifinals today. Man City vs Real Madrid today. Liverpool vs Villareal tomorrow. The balance of power has really shifted to the Premier League. I rank Man City and Liverpool as the two best teams in the world right now. If they play each other again in the CL final it will be a real treat.

Premier League title race has Man City edging Liverpool by one point right now with five games left. Chelsea third. Arsenal and Tottenham fighting it out for final Champions League spot. Man United really stumbled this year despite a loaded team including Ronaldo.

Comment

Working...
                                X