BYU v. Ole Miss: "The First Round"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYU v. Ole Miss: "The First Round"

Seems reasonable to have a game thread for BYU v. Ole Miss. The money line seems to be settling in around +145/150 Ole Miss -165/170 BYU (with the spread at BYU -3.5). So the implied probabilities from betting market are about: 59% - 62% or 60% - 63%.

BYU will win. Vegas also says BYU will be slightly favored over or a pick'em vs Xavier as well.
    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      BYU will win. Vegas also says BYU will be slightly favored over or a pick'em vs Xavier as well.
      I'd feel better knowing you were currently in Wendover placing some bets on BYU.

Comment

I'm just looking forward to Luke guarding Caulie-Stein later in the tournament.
        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

I!...
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I Believe!...

sigpic

Comment

I Believe That!...

sigpic

Comment

I Believe That We!...

sigpic

Comment

I Believe That We Will Win!

sigpic

Comment

Pumped about this game and this week. I feel like we're playing well and have a great shot at a couple wins.

Comment

Very excited for this game. I don't mind being the first four. If BYU advances this will be the third time we've played three times in five days this year. I don't see fatigue being a factor and I like the draw in the first two games. Getting the extra game on Tuesday makes the week all that much better.

I've watched Ole Miss for parts of a couple of games this year. They looked great against Kentucky but couldn't close the deal. That signaled the peak of their season as things deteriorated for them after that. I'm concerned about their ability to pressure. Pressure is part of their normal game plan and it's got to be tempting for them to send smaller, quicker guards at KC in the open court and the alternative ball-handlers in Halford, Winder, Fischer, and Haws. If they can force the ball out of KC's hands and cause turnovers we'll be in trouble. But if we beat their pressure and get open transition looks we'll blow the game open. There is tremendous risk-reward to that style in this game and it will be interesting to see how much Ole Miss chooses to gamble on it.
                      Last edited by wapiti; 03-16-2015, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                        Very excited for this game. I don't mind being the first four. If BYU advances this will be the third time we've played three times in five days this year. I don't see fatigue being a factor and I like the draw in the first two games. Getting the extra game on Tuesday makes the week all that much better.

I've watched Ole Miss for parts of a couple of games this year. They looked great against Kentucky but couldn't close the deal. That signaled the peak of their season as things deteriorated for them after that. I'm concerned about their ability to pressure. Pressure is part of their normal game plan and it's got to be tempting for them to send smaller, quicker guards at KC in the open court and the alternative ball-handlers in Halford, Winder, Fischer, and Haws. If they can force the ball out of KC's hands and cause turnovers we'll be in trouble. But if we beat their pressure and get open transition looks we'll blow the game open. There is tremendous risk-reward to that style in this game and it will be interesting to see how much Ole Miss chooses to gamble on it.
                        I think I would pressure BYU if I had the personnel. Especially if Winder and Halford are not in the game. Guard lineup of KC, Fischer, Haws is pretty shaky taking care of the ball against pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by wapiti View Post

Pressuring BYU plays right into our hands. I hope they pressure us. If they pressure us all game we win by double digits.
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                            I think I would pressure BYU if I had the personnel. Especially if Winder and Halford are not in the game. Guard lineup of KC, Fischer, Haws is pretty shaky taking care of the ball against pressure.
                            I agree with this. You know KC and Haws will be on the floor as much as possible. If they do send a lot of pressure, we'll have to adjust with having at least one more ball-handler on the floor - probably a combination of four guard lineups and/or benching Fischer.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

i'll take our guys ability to knock down the open three vs. the risk of turnovers from ball pressure all day
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                              X