MLB 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    There is a better way. There's no shame in bandwagon fannery. Own it, and don't try to prove to anyone you're not. PBW has always been a Sox fan; I haven't. Who cares?
    Agree, there's no shame in being a bandwagon fam. I freely admit I'm a Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Mavericks fan on a bandwagon basis. I watch more NFL than NBA but it doesn't ruin my day when the Cowboys lose. If either team makes the playoffs, I take more of an interest. I'm more invested in MLB and college football.
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
      Agree, there's no shame in being a bandwagon fam. I freely admit I'm a Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Mavericks fan on a bandwagon basis. I watch more NFL than NBA but it doesn't ruin my day when the Cowboys lose. If either team makes the playoffs, I take more of an interest. I'm more invested in MLB and college football.
      Attaboy, PBW. Don't take that crap from DDD!

[VINE]eWz90B1MX7A[/VINE]
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by lambdacoug View Post
        My Royals credentials: I went to school with Jaime Splitorff (who was our star pitcher in HS), met George Brett when I was with a friend and we knocked on Paul Splitorff's door to see if Jaime was there and Mr. Brett answered. Wally Joyner was in my ward, but completely inactive, my girlfriend babysat for him. I grew up watching Brian McRae's son be the star receiver on our improving BSHS football team. Anyway, none of that really matters. I was born and raised in KCMO. In 1985, my 5th grade teacher was friends with Paul Splitorff and invited him to come talk to our class after the 1985 World Series. He brought Brett and Saberhagen with him. It was amazing. I remember watching Garth and Dane Iorg play against each other in the ALCS (Dane is a BYU alum).

Anyway, shortly thereafter the Royals became an utter suckfest and many fans, myself included just stopped caring. The player stirkes, moving to Utah, and a mission abroad in Chile didn't help. Anyway, when the team of your childhood sucks so bad that it isn't a question of if we'd get 100 losses, but how quickly year after year, only the true diehards persist. I'm not a diehard Royals fan, just a fair weather fan now that loves to see my team do well.
        I hadn't heard Paul Splitorff's name in ages. Thanks for the memories. I would agree that I wouldn't qualify as a diehard and more fairweather, except to check the boxscores to see how quickly they were disqualified from post season possibilities. Cubs fans until this season are really fans.
        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• My sister tells me the Shawnee Mission School District (KC) has cancelled classes tomorrow during the Royals parade, citing "staffing concerns."
          "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• Originally posted by kccougar View Post
            My sister tells me the Shawnee Mission School District (KC) has cancelled classes tomorrow during the Royals parade, citing "staffing concerns."
            Everyone is a bit groggy this morning at work after a late night of celebrating. Tomorrow will probably have a lot of people calling in sick.
            Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
            - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
            - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

• lamda, do you expect KC to re-sign Gordon and Zobrist? I don't expect them to go after Cueto, because he will be too pricey.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                lamda, do you expect KC to re-sign Gordon and Zobrist? I don't expect them to go after Cueto, because he will be too pricey.
                No clue, but the years of the Royals being basically nothing more than a farm team for the bigger market teams, I fear the team will be dismantled in the off-season.
                Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.

Comment

No clue, but the years of the Royals being basically nothing more than a farm team for the bigger market teams, I fear the team will be dismantled in the off-season.
                  I fully expect the Royals to continue to try to be competitive and spend a little more money. They've still got plenty of good, young players under contract that they'll be able to fill what holes that show up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                    I fully expect the Royals to continue to try to be competitive and spend a little more money. They've still got plenty of good, young players under contract that they'll be able to fill what holes that show up.
                    If they can keep Gordon and Zobrist and find another starter to replace Cueto, they should remain competitive. Plus, if Holland comes back form Tommy John surgery, their bullpen will remain strong. I just wonder how long the farm system can continue to replace people after they become free agents.

Comment

• This board might appreciate this pic of Jeremy Guthrie:
                      Last edited by lambdacoug; 11-03-2015, 03:12 PM.
                      - Howard Aiken

Comment

This board might appreciate this pic of Jeremy Guthrie:
                        Cool.

Comment

Working...
                        X