Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Real name's McGill. The Jew thing is for the homeboys." The Better Call Saul thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
    Vince Gilligan has gone second level. He's beyond having to point out the obvious through dialog. The clues are there, the situation is presented, and the way that Jimmy told Chuck to take off the space blanket emphatically is a familial form of communication reserved for only the closest of people.
    Agreed. Also the reference to how McGill's firm name on the matchbook is too similar to the Hamlin, Hamlin, and McGill name, which possibly led to the money stealing treasurer and wife showing up at HHM.

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
      Agreed. Also the reference to how McGill's firm name on the matchbook is too similar to the Hamlin, Hamlin, and McGill name, which possibly led to the money stealing treasurer and wife showing up at HHM.
      I am pretty sure that they went to HHM because the wife wanted nothing to do with Jimmy. I don't think it had anything to do with the name being too similar and Hamlin's suggestion that it was too similar was just him being a DB.

Comment

Vince Gilligan has gone second level. He's beyond having to point out the obvious through dialog. The clues are there, the situation is presented, and the way that Jimmy told Chuck to take off the space blanket emphatically is a familial form of communication reserved for only the closest of people.

You guys need to ground yourself before coming into this thread.
        Also evident in the emergency room receipt meaning something. Their living situation. And pretty much any other interaction that they have together.
        I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Liked episode 1, loved episode 2, and both made me realize how much I've missed BB. I think this series is going to be excellent.

Comment

"I'm a lawyer, not a criminal."

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

For those wanting to see the difference between treasurer-wife's car and grandma's :

Stick figure family stickers, and plate 401***:

No stick figure family stickers, and plate 493***:

Edit: First one's a Mercury, second a Ford.
              Last edited by scottie; 02-10-2015, 09:34 PM.

Comment

I loved the opening segment of episode 1. The rest has been above average. I actually wasn't thrilled to see Tuco. Seemed like a stretch.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                  I loved the opening segment of episode 1. The rest has been above average. I actually wasn't thrilled to see Tuco. Seemed like a stretch.
                  Why is it a stretch? I think about how small the world is when you belong to a certain group, say like Mormons. The way my life has intersected with a number of other Mormons over the years for no other real reason other than we share the same faith has always been remarkable to me. I would have to imagine that the underbelly of Albuquerque is a rather small group and that their lives intersect many times because they belong to that same group.

Comment

Tuco is a great character.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      I don't disagree, but the way he enter the picture in BCS seemed a little forced.
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Comment

You guys might like this article.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...salamanca.html

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

I don't disagree, but the way he enter the picture in BCS seemed a little forced.
                            Tuco is done. You won't see him again.

Comment

Tuco is done. You won't see him again.
                              This helps a little.

Main cast[edit]

Recurring cast[edit]

• Raymond Cruz as Tuco Salamanca, a psychopathic up-and-coming Mexican drug kingpin. Also a reprise of a Breaking Bad character.
                              • Julie Ann Emery as Betsy Kettleman, the wife of Craig Kettleman.[29]
                              • Jeremy Shamos as Craig Kettleman, a county treasurer accused of embezzling money and Betsy's husband.[29]
                              • Steven Levine as Lars, Cal's twin brother and fellow scam artist.
                              • Daniel Spenser Levine as Cal, Lars's twin brother and fellow scam artist.
                              • Kerry Condon[28]

This lists Chuck as Jimmy's brother. I knew I'd seen it somewhere.

We used to have a guy in our ward who was electromagnetic hypersensitive, and he eventually moved out into the Oregon desert by Burns to get away from modern society.

Last edited by clackamascoug; 02-11-2015, 10:21 AM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                              -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

This helps a little.

This lists Chuck as Jimmy's brother. I knew I'd seen it somewhere.
                                Should have said "this season". Tuco is done for this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X