Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Real name's McGill. The Jew thing is for the homeboys." The Better Call Saul thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real name's McGill. The Jew thing is for the homeboys." The Better Call Saul thread

Initial reviews suggest that Saul Goodman's show deserves its own official CougarStadium.com thread.

Here's another stellar review.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...l-saul/385265/

So I'm only about halfway through Breaking Bad, does this show stand on its own or do I need to know a bunch of references from BB?
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      So I'm only about halfway through Breaking Bad, does this show stand on its own or do I need to know a bunch of references from BB?
      From what I've seen, it stands on its own, but there will be references that fans of the show will enjoy. You can enjoy both at the same time.
      Not that, sickos.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
        Initial reviews suggest that Saul Goodman's show deserves its own official CougarStadium.com thread.

Here's another stellar review.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...l-saul/385265/
        It has at least two others.
        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

I was so worried about the clown potential of this show when it was first announced. I'm excited that the reviews have been so positive.
          I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

It was so good out of the gate, AMC greenlighted a second year right away. I don't believe I've anticipated a new show like this - ever.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Solid 1st half hour. Gilligan makes a good show.
              "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

They still pay $700 a case for a felony on public defender cases in New Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                  They still pay $700 a case for a felony on public defender cases in New Mexico.
                  My BiL did public defender work for a few years before joining a small firm. At the time, he was living in a trailer and driving an early 90s Ford Taurus.
                  "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Solid. Can't wait for tomorrow's. I was late to the party and binged all but the last season of BB. This is going to be tougher. I felt the two cameos were a little shoe horned, but in Gilligan I trust.
                    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                      Solid. Can't wait for tomorrow's. I was late to the party and binged all but the last season of BB. This is going to be tougher. I felt the two cameos were a little shoe horned, but in Gilligan I trust.
                      I think Mike is supposed to be a regular character, no?
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                        I don't think they're cameo... I they're integral to the Jimmy / Saul transformation. Jimmy's about to find gold in filthy lucre. We know Mike was a former cop, and this is the introduction to him breaking bad.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

I'm going to need MarkGrace's opinion before I give it a whirl.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

One episode in, I'm not sure I get the rave reviews it's getting. It's slow...much slower than breaking bad. Stylistically, very similar, so I'm intrigued, but if I hadn't seen or didn't like BB, I don't think I would be giving it another episode.
                            At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                            -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                              One episode in, I'm not sure I get the rave reviews it's getting. It's slow...much slower than breaking bad. Stylistically, very similar, so I'm intrigued, but if I hadn't seen or didn't like BB, I don't think I would be giving it another episode.
                              I thought the same thing. I have history with Saul, so I'm interested in the story. And the cameos perked me up. But still, it was pretty slow.

But of course I'm going to watch it. I just hope it starts moving more quickly.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                              X