Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Nick Emery doubles down.

Time to delete that account permanently.
    Unfortunately, I don't think this is the last we see of the Nick Emery saga. The dude isn't right in the head.

Comment

Nick Emery doubles down.

Time to delete that account permanently.
      I know what he said previously about the coaching staff, but I'm not sure why this tweet is so objectionable. He's congratulating this kid on accepting an offer to MSU, which he correctly indicates is "big time".

I did, however, find this tweet in reply to Emery pretty funny:

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
        I know what he said previously about the coaching staff, but I'm not sure why this tweet is so objectionable. He's congratulating this kid on accepting an offer to MSU, which he correctly indicates is "big time".

I did, however, find this tweet in reply to Emery pretty funny:
        Come on. It is all about the context. Absent the earlier tweet, there would have been nothing wrong with tweet. But given that tweet, it was a very foolish thing to do.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Come on. It is all about the context. Absent the earlier tweet, there would have been nothing wrong with tweet. But given that tweet, it was a very foolish thing to do.
          I know I'm in the extreme minority here (at least, based on responses on here and on twitter), but I disagree. Seems harmless, and even a *gasp* nice thing to do - congrats on accepting a scholarship to a major basketball program!
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I know I'm in the extreme minority here (at least, based on responses on here and on twitter), but I disagree. Seems harmless, and even a *gasp* nice thing to do - congrats on accepting a scholarship to a major basketball program!
            The optics are terrible. It is the kind of thing you do if you lack self-awareness.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

I don't see a problem with it. Who cares what Emery says or does at this point?
              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

The optics are terrible. It is the kind of thing you do if you lack self-awareness.
                Agreed. Emery needs help but he's not doing anything for which he will be forgiven by the fans, nor should he. Just be gone Nick.
                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                  I don't see a problem with it. Who cares what Emery says or does at this point?
                  Right. The "optics" might be terrible, but why does he care about optics at this point? He's apparently designing phone cases in Boise now. He's just a civilian like the rest of us.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Right. The "optics" might be terrible, but why does he care about optics at this point? He's apparently designing phone cases in Boise now. He's just a civilian like the rest of us.
                    I guess if you don't mind looking a like a small-minded, petty individual, you are right, optics don't matter.
                    Last edited by imanihonjin; 09-11-2019, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                      I guess if you don't mind looking a like a midget minded petty individual, you are right, optics don't matter.
                      He certainly doesn't seem to mind. I'm not sure why we should care either.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Does Emery really need help because he's pissed the coaching staff sent him packing?

His first tweet was definitely stupid (and more appropriate for a private conversation), but there's nothing "wrong in the head" about a competitive dude being pissed that his former coach doesn't think he can contribute to the program.
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

I only care to the extent that he continues to harm BYU because he is a small-minded, petty individual.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                            Does Emery really need help because he's pissed the coaching staff sent him packing?

His first tweet was definitely stupid (and more appropriate for a private conversation), but there's nothing "wrong in the head" about a competitive dude being pissed that his former coach doesn't think he can contribute to the program.
                            It isn't like this is the only evidence we have that he may have bigger issues going on.

Comment

Solid logic there.

Comment

Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                                I only care to the extent that he continues to harm BYU because he is a small-minded, petty individual.
                                this does not harm BYU... This isn't even a blip on anyone's radar at this point other than obsessed fans.
                                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Working...
                                X