Emery The Younger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From his Instagram post:

The day has come that I hang up the #4 Emery jersey.
    Basketball has taught me more about life than I could have ever imagined. Playing for a university like BYU and playing with some of the best guys has been an incredible blessing. My time here has been a rocky at times, but the good times definitely outweighed the bad. I’ve learned so many life lessons and this journey has been so rewarding.
    I am at a point in life where I am happy with what I’ve accomplished with basketball and I’m ready to start the next chapter of my life with my wife and son.
    So I want to say thank you to my coaches, teammates and administration for all the memories and love.
    And a huge thank you to all of the fans who stuck with me through the good times and the bad times and cheered me on even in my darkest hours. I am a changed man from your unwavering support and love and I am forever grateful. Because of you guys, I was able to accomplish dreams I never thought would happen.
    Thank you BYU for the amazing opportunity to represent your school. I have been forever blessed!
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by kccougar View Post
      Here's to hoping Nick Emery ends up deserving his own thread.

http://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2015/1...arriott-center
      Obviously not how kc hoped this would pan out, but Emery definitely ended up deserving his own thread. Thanks, Nick!
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

BYU's statement is pretty strongly worded. Essentially calling the NCAA a bunch of liars:

The NCAA wrongly suggests that case precedent supports this decision, but the undisputed fact is that this is the first time ever that the NCAA committee on infractions has vacated team records where the institution itself was not aware of and had no involvement in the violations.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
          BYU's statement is pretty strongly worded. Essentially calling the NCAA a bunch of liars:
          I'm starting to wonder if the NCAA's days of being the governing body for college sports are starting to run out, and if they realize it or not.

Comment

Yes! Doesn't this mean BYU hasn't beaten Larry K since 2012-13? Extend him!

Comment

There's a big debate on CB about Emery's ex-in-laws. Apparently Ben Criddle skewered them on his show yesterday for what they did to go after him. Archaea is taking a pretty hard line against the ex-in-laws. Sad that it's come to that. But on the other hand, when you go publicly after someone like they did with Emery, with the clear intent of hurting him in such a public way, regardless of the reason, I think it's fair game to be criticized in public as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                There's a big debate on CB about Emery's ex-in-laws. Apparently Ben Criddle skewered them on his show yesterday for what they did to go after him. Archaea is taking a pretty hard line against the ex-in-laws. Sad that it's come to that. But on the other hand, when you go publicly after someone like they did with Emery, with the clear intent of hurting him in such a public way, regardless of the reason, I think it's fair game to be criticized in public as well.
                Archaea likes to stoke the fires of discontent when possible. Archaea also got suspended for his mild commentary.
                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

It depends on what he did to their daughter. Like, if he committed spousal rape or beat her, I'm okay with it.
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Good grief. That thread is a disaster. Shame on Criddle. Shame on Archaea.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                      It depends on what he did to their daughter. Like, if he committed spousal rape or beat her, I'm okay with it.
                      As I understand it, he was absent a lot due to basketball responsibilities.
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                        I think it's a pretty good bet that things like that didn't happen given that his exes went all hog wild on him about the NCAA stuff but not about anything involving the law.
                        Last edited by BlueK; 09-06-2019, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                          As I understand it, he was absent a lot due to basketball responsibilities.
                          Is this her?

Now you're always going to be at practice or games!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O63VgadIx80

Comment

Emery left BYU, but he can’t leave BYU alone.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              Emery left BYU, but he can’t leave BYU alone.

The blast radius on that tweet is enormous. What a colossally stupid thing to do. This is the kind of horrible judgement that got us in this NCAA mess. Good riddance, you clown.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Holy crap! He lost any feelings of good will I had left for him. Name anyone who has set the BYU program back farther than he has.

Comment

Working...
                                X