Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emery The Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    The blast radius on that tweet is enormous. What a colossally stupid thing to do. This is the kind of horrible judgement that got us in this NCAA mess. Good riddance, you clown.
    Blast radius is a good way to visualize that.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

If it makes you guys feel any better, I've known that Emery was a douche for a very long time.

now douchebag needs to meet personally with sissoko, extol the virtues of brigham young university and it's basketball program and convince him to commit. at that point he will be forgiven.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    As apologies go, that was an airball.

Princeps Inter Pares

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Iíll allow it.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

I agree ... good riddance. Don't want to hear from this guy again. Nothing personal about it ... I'm sure he's a decent guy ... he's just burned up any claim he had to loyalty from BYU fans.

Default Emery The Younger

Family fight!! I read the apology to Parrot Head and he gave it a B.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
    Family fight!! I read the apology to Parrot Head and he gave it a B.
    Ha, tell him I demand an apology, and a better one than Emery's.

Despite both of your many shortcomings, I wish I were with you on the current roadie. Hope it turns out to be worth it.

Ha, tell him I demand an apology, and a better one than Emery's.

Despite both of your many shortcomings, I wish I were with you on the current roadie. Hope it turns out to be worth it.
    It may be our only time together. He is insisting we drive back tonight so that HE DOESNíT MISS WARD COUNCIL!

FYI, I will be skipping ward council.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
    It may be our only time together. He is insisting we drive back tonight so that HE DOESN’T MISS WARD COUNCIL!

FYI, I will be skipping ward council.
    What is this Ward Council of which you speak?
    ďEvery player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they donít itís because they never got the chance.Ē Aroldis Chapman

Princeps Inter Pares

Quote Originally Posted by Copelius View Post
    What is this Ward Council of which you speak?
    Itís a thing you have to go to if you donít know how to say ďno.Ē
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    It’s a thing you have to go to if you don’t know how to say “no.”
    Never said no to a calling. I just picked mine.
    ďEvery player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they donít itís because they never got the chance.Ē Aroldis Chapman

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by Copelius View Post
    Never said no to a calling. I just picked mine.
    Nancy Reagan says "Just say No!"
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Nick Emery doubles down.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Nick Emery doubles down.

Unfortunately, I don't think this is the last we see of the Nick Emery saga. The dude isn't right in the head.

Nick Emery doubles down.

I know what he said previously about the coaching staff, but I'm not sure why this tweet is so objectionable. He's congratulating this kid on accepting an offer to MSU, which he correctly indicates is "big time".

I did, however, find this tweet in reply to Emery pretty funny:

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    I know what he said previously about the coaching staff, but I'm not sure why this tweet is so objectionable. He's congratulating this kid on accepting an offer to MSU, which he correctly indicates is "big time".

I did, however, find this tweet in reply to Emery pretty funny:
    Come on. It is all about the context. Absent the earlier tweet, there would have been nothing wrong with tweet. But given that tweet, it was a very foolish thing to do.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Come on. It is all about the context. Absent the earlier tweet, there would have been nothing wrong with tweet. But given that tweet, it was a very foolish thing to do.
    I know I'm in the extreme minority here (at least, based on responses on here and on twitter), but I disagree. Seems harmless, and even a *gasp* nice thing to do - congrats on accepting a scholarship to a major basketball program!
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I know I'm in the extreme minority here (at least, based on responses on here and on twitter), but I disagree. Seems harmless, and even a *gasp* nice thing to do - congrats on accepting a scholarship to a major basketball program!
    The optics are terrible. It is the kind of thing you do if you lack self-awareness.

I don't see a problem with it. Who cares what Emery says or does at this point?
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Pre-Historic Man

The optics are terrible. It is the kind of thing you do if you lack self-awareness.
    Agreed. Emery needs help but he's not doing anything for which he will be forgiven by the fans, nor should he. Just be gone Nick.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    I don't see a problem with it. Who cares what Emery says or does at this point?
    Right. The "optics" might be terrible, but why does he care about optics at this point? He's apparently designing phone cases in Boise now. He's just a civilian like the rest of us.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Right. The "optics" might be terrible, but why does he care about optics at this point? He's apparently designing phone cases in Boise now. He's just a civilian like the rest of us.
    I guess if you don't mind looking a like a small-minded, petty individual, you are right, optics don't matter.
    Last edited by imanihonjin; 09-11-2019 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by imanihonjin View Post
    I guess if you don't mind looking a like a midget minded petty individual, you are right, optics don't matter.
    He certainly doesn't seem to mind. I'm not sure why we should care either.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Does Emery really need help because he's pissed the coaching staff sent him packing?

His first tweet was definitely stupid (and more appropriate for a private conversation), but there's nothing "wrong in the head" about a competitive dude being pissed that his former coach doesn't think he can contribute to the program.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

I only care to the extent that he continues to harm BYU because he is a small-minded, petty individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    Does Emery really need help because he's pissed the coaching staff sent him packing?

His first tweet was definitely stupid (and more appropriate for a private conversation), but there's nothing "wrong in the head" about a competitive dude being pissed that his former coach doesn't think he can contribute to the program.
    It isn't like this is the only evidence we have that he may have bigger issues going on.

Solid logic there.

Quote Originally Posted by imanihonjin View Post
    I only care to the extent that he continues to harm BYU because he is a small-minded, petty individual.
    this does not harm BYU... This isn't even a blip on anyone's radar at this point other than obsessed fans.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...