Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 118

Thread: Emery The Younger

  1. #31
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    11,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    The blast radius on that tweet is enormous. What a colossally stupid thing to do. This is the kind of horrible judgement that got us in this NCAA mess. Good riddance, you clown.
    Blast radius is a good way to visualize that.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  2. #32

    Default

    If it makes you guys feel any better, I've known that Emery was a douche for a very long time.

  3. #33

  4. #34

    Default

    now douchebag needs to meet personally with sissoko, extol the virtues of brigham young university and it's basketball program and convince him to commit. at that point he will be forgiven.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

  5. #35
    Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    12,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    As apologies go, that was an airball.

  6. #36
    Princeps Inter Pares
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    11,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    As apologies go, that was an airball.
    Iíll allow it.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

  7. #37
    Senior Member UVACoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    1,706

    Default

    I agree ... good riddance. Don't want to hear from this guy again. Nothing personal about it ... I'm sure he's a decent guy ... he's just burned up any claim he had to loyalty from BYU fans.

  8. #38
    Senior Member Clark Addison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Beautiful South
    Posts
    7,311

    Default Emery The Younger

    Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    As apologies go, that was an airball.
    Family fight!! I read the apology to Parrot Head and he gave it a B.

  9. #39
    Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    12,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
    Family fight!! I read the apology to Parrot Head and he gave it a B.
    Ha, tell him I demand an apology, and a better one than Emery's.

    Despite both of your many shortcomings, I wish I were with you on the current roadie. Hope it turns out to be worth it.

  10. #40
    Senior Member Clark Addison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Beautiful South
    Posts
    7,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Ha, tell him I demand an apology, and a better one than Emery's.

    Despite both of your many shortcomings, I wish I were with you on the current roadie. Hope it turns out to be worth it.
    It may be our only time together. He is insisting we drive back tonight so that HE DOESNíT MISS WARD COUNCIL!

    FYI, I will be skipping ward council.

  11. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
    It may be our only time together. He is insisting we drive back tonight so that HE DOESN’T MISS WARD COUNCIL!

    FYI, I will be skipping ward council.
    What is this Ward Council of which you speak?
    ďEvery player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they donít itís because they never got the chance.Ē Aroldis Chapman

  12. #42
    Princeps Inter Pares
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    11,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Copelius View Post
    What is this Ward Council of which you speak?
    Itís a thing you have to go to if you donít know how to say ďno.Ē
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

  13. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    It’s a thing you have to go to if you don’t know how to say “no.”
    Never said no to a calling. I just picked mine.
    ďEvery player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they donít itís because they never got the chance.Ē Aroldis Chapman

  14. #44
    Pre-Historic Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Allendale County, SC
    Posts
    11,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Copelius View Post
    Never said no to a calling. I just picked mine.
    Nancy Reagan says "Just say No!"
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

  15. #45
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    49,439

    Default

    Nick Emery doubles down.

    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  16. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Nick Emery doubles down.

    Unfortunately, I don't think this is the last we see of the Nick Emery saga. The dude isn't right in the head.

  17. #47
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    29,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Nick Emery doubles down.

    I know what he said previously about the coaching staff, but I'm not sure why this tweet is so objectionable. He's congratulating this kid on accepting an offer to MSU, which he correctly indicates is "big time".

    I did, however, find this tweet in reply to Emery pretty funny:

    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  18. #48
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    49,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    I know what he said previously about the coaching staff, but I'm not sure why this tweet is so objectionable. He's congratulating this kid on accepting an offer to MSU, which he correctly indicates is "big time".

    I did, however, find this tweet in reply to Emery pretty funny:
    Come on. It is all about the context. Absent the earlier tweet, there would have been nothing wrong with tweet. But given that tweet, it was a very foolish thing to do.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  19. #49
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    29,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Come on. It is all about the context. Absent the earlier tweet, there would have been nothing wrong with tweet. But given that tweet, it was a very foolish thing to do.
    I know I'm in the extreme minority here (at least, based on responses on here and on twitter), but I disagree. Seems harmless, and even a *gasp* nice thing to do - congrats on accepting a scholarship to a major basketball program!
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  20. #50
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    49,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    I know I'm in the extreme minority here (at least, based on responses on here and on twitter), but I disagree. Seems harmless, and even a *gasp* nice thing to do - congrats on accepting a scholarship to a major basketball program!
    The optics are terrible. It is the kind of thing you do if you lack self-awareness.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  21. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    I know I'm in the extreme minority here (at least, based on responses on here and on twitter), but I disagree. Seems harmless, and even a *gasp* nice thing to do - congrats on accepting a scholarship to a major basketball program!
    I don't see a problem with it. Who cares what Emery says or does at this point?
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

  22. #52
    Pre-Historic Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Allendale County, SC
    Posts
    11,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    The optics are terrible. It is the kind of thing you do if you lack self-awareness.
    Agreed. Emery needs help but he's not doing anything for which he will be forgiven by the fans, nor should he. Just be gone Nick.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

  23. #53
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    29,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    I don't see a problem with it. Who cares what Emery says or does at this point?
    Right. The "optics" might be terrible, but why does he care about optics at this point? He's apparently designing phone cases in Boise now. He's just a civilian like the rest of us.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  24. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Right. The "optics" might be terrible, but why does he care about optics at this point? He's apparently designing phone cases in Boise now. He's just a civilian like the rest of us.
    I guess if you don't mind looking a like a small-minded, petty individual, you are right, optics don't matter.
    Last edited by imanihonjin; 09-11-2019 at 01:35 PM.

  25. #55
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    29,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imanihonjin View Post
    I guess if you don't mind looking a like a midget minded petty individual, you are right, optics don't matter.
    He certainly doesn't seem to mind. I'm not sure why we should care either.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  26. #56
    Royal Rooter Green Monstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Oilpatch
    Posts
    10,698

    Default

    Does Emery really need help because he's pissed the coaching staff sent him packing?

    His first tweet was definitely stupid (and more appropriate for a private conversation), but there's nothing "wrong in the head" about a competitive dude being pissed that his former coach doesn't think he can contribute to the program.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

    "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

  27. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    He certainly doesn't seem to mind. I'm not sure why we should care either.
    I only care to the extent that he continues to harm BYU because he is a small-minded, petty individual.

  28. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    Does Emery really need help because he's pissed the coaching staff sent him packing?

    His first tweet was definitely stupid (and more appropriate for a private conversation), but there's nothing "wrong in the head" about a competitive dude being pissed that his former coach doesn't think he can contribute to the program.
    It isn't like this is the only evidence we have that he may have bigger issues going on.

  29. #59
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    49,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    He certainly doesn't seem to mind. I'm not sure why we should care either.
    Solid logic there.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  30. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imanihonjin View Post
    I only care to the extent that he continues to harm BYU because he is a small-minded, petty individual.
    this does not harm BYU... This isn't even a blip on anyone's radar at this point other than obsessed fans.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •