Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How could a mere human have written a book of such scope and daring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    I know where I'll be on March 18th at 7:00 PM.
    Awesome! Bring some friends. We'll serve wine and cheese.
    Last edited by SeattleUte; 01-30-2015, 09:59 AM.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      Who here wants to join me in a Logos burn party?

Logos
      Yes! When people start burning it and leaving angry one star reviews on Amazon because I got the Christian story wrong, I'll know I've made it.

I went to a lecture by Sherman Alexie and he was very proud that his YA Novel Diary of a Part-time Indian was number 2 ranked among most banned books in the United States. He's very funny and got a big laugh when he informed us that the number 1 book that he hopes to overtake is Captain Underpants.
      Last edited by SeattleUte; 01-30-2015, 10:01 AM.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
        Is there also a chariot race? How many chapters are in the galley? "Ramming speed" will have a whole new meaning for me now.
        I love Ben-Hur but I didn't steal the plot from Ben-Hur. I stole it from Virgil -- Logos' plot is lifted from the Aeneid.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          Is this the book that will lead to your excommunication?
          I should be so lucky. I'm sure that would help me sell books.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
            Nice job SU. You and Joseph Smith are my favorite authors of religious historical fiction.
            This is a good point. SU is about as educated, sophisticated, and manly of a product that the modern US society can produce. He's in many ways the best that America has to offer. It would be interesting to know how long it took to write the book, how difficult it was to write the book, and the depth and scope of the research.

When you compare SU's age, education, and professional background with Joseph Smith's lack of age, education, and well diggin/gold hunting background, and then read the BOM with special attention to the several wonderful passages on the Atonement, I wonder if SU has a new perspective on the BOM. Going through the exercise of writing a novel like Logos must have been a good personal measuring stick when comparing the birth and content of the BOM.

I look forward to reading both books in 2015.
            Last edited by clackamascoug; 02-01-2015, 12:07 AM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
              I'm impressed. I have an outline for a book that I intended to be some sort of allegory for my faith journey, but it's hard to actually get pen to paper and write in a way that other people will find tolerable and interesting.
              Thanks. On my website I elaborate on how my LDS experience fired my creativity.

http://logos-novel.com/

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Someone here should actually take the time to read this book because my gut tells me that it will mirror "View of the Hebrews" in many parts.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  Someone here should actually take the time to read this book because my gut tells me that it will mirror "View of the Hebrews" in many parts.
                  lol!, i.e., hahaha!

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                    Thanks. On my website I elaborate on how my LDS experience fired my creativity.

http://logos-novel.com/
                    I like how you admitted that you left the church, but you can't leave it alone. #honesty, #selfawareness
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

SeattleUte, it is time to take a new stock photo. You have juiced that thing as far as it will go.

Also, no particular reason, but if you do happen to take a new photo, can you please make sure it is a vector file? thanks.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        SeattleUte, it is time to take a new stock photo. You have juiced that thing as far as it will go.

Also, no particular reason, but if you do happen to take a new photo, can you please make sure it is a vector file? thanks.
                        You know better than that. You saw the selfie I did after the BYU-Utah game. The picture is accurate.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

So how do I get a signed copy?

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                            You know better than that. You saw the selfie I did after the BYU-Utah game. The picture is accurate.
                            You are a published author now in a medium outside of internet message boards. You need to look more the part.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                              So how do I get a signed copy?
                              Want me to pick you up one at the reading?
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                                This is a good point. SU is about as educated, sophisticated, and manly of a product that the modern US society can produce. He's in many ways the best that America has to offer. It would be interesting to know how long did it take to write the book? How difficult was it to write the book? The depth and breadth of the research?

When you compare SU's age, education, and professional background with Joseph Smith's lack of age, education, and well diggin/gold hunting background, and then read the BOM with special attention to the several wonderful passages on the Atonement, I wonder if SU has a new perspective on the BOM. Going through the exercise of writing a novel like Logos must have been a good personal measuring stick when comparing the birth and content of the BOM.

I look forward to reading both books in 2015.

Clack never disappoints.

I'd like to say congrats to SU as well. Pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X