Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How could a mere human have written a book of such scope and daring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How could a mere human have written a book of such scope and daring?

http://homeboundpublications.com/log...-a-first-look/

"But no other such book exists. Where will you find another work remotely approaching [it] in scope and daring?" (Hugh Nibley, Since Cumorah, pg 138)

Check out my web page. Click on the button in my bio under the “authors” tab.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Wow. How long did that take to write?
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
      http://homeboundpublications.com/log...-a-first-look/

"But no other such book exists. Where will you find another work remotely approaching [it] in scope and daring?" (Hugh Nibley, Since Cumorah, pg 138)

Check out my web page. Click on the button in my bio under the “authors” tab.
      I had no idea you make your wife and children live in a tall building where you are a trial lawyer.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Dang it, SU. I was just going to start a thread celebrating the publication of your new book. Then you could have acted modest about it.

But CONGRATS! That is a great accomplishment. The early buzz is very impressive.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I just read those short reviews. No need to read the book.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

A book about the origin of Christianity? I predict it will become part of the standard circulum at BYU and BYU Idaho.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Is this the book that will lead to your excommunication?
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Your name is John? I imagined it as something more romantic and dashing like Gordon or Brigham.

Comment

Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                  Your name is John? I imagined it as something more romantic and dashing like Gordon or Brigham.
                  It's a pseudonym.
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

Congrats SU, that is awesome.
                    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Dang it, SU. I was just going to start a thread celebrating the publication of your new book. Then you could have acted modest about it.

But CONGRATS! That is a great accomplishment. The early buzz is very impressive.
                      Thanks, old friend. But why should I want to be modest about it?
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

You already have a fat head!

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Awesome. Will you sign my book? If so this is what I want you to write.

Clack,

Thank you a partial inspiration for my novel "Logos." Your dogmatic approach to religion gives me the willies, and when writing the novel, I thought of you often. Dull witted zealots are often a good foil for a inspiring hero, and you and your type jumped off the pages often.

-SU.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Congratulations, SU! What an accomplishment! I'm happy for you.

Comment

We just wouldn't want you to feel embarrassed if it turned out the book wasn't any good.

But seriously, congratulations.
                              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Working...
                              X