Take a Ride into the Danger Zone: Pilots vs. Cougars Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take a Ride into the Danger Zone: Pilots vs. Cougars Game Thread

Like normal, I have a bad feeling about this game. Go Cougs!
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
    Like normal, I have a bad feeling about this game. Go Cougs!
    It's a dangerous game. Good opponent but not a name opponent that will draw a crowd. Haws is hobbled. Saturday - Monday turnaround means game prep may be lacking a bit. This is a team we should beat at the MC but it's not going to be easy.

Comment

Am I the only one who believes BYU basketball coaches work on the Sabbath to prepare on Sat/Mon games? They'd be pious idiots not to, right?
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
        Am I the only one who believes BYU basketball coaches work on the Sabbath to prepare on Sat/Mon games? They'd be pious idiots not to, right?
        Didn't we used to have a policy of no Monday games, because it would conflict with FHE? When did that change?
        "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
          Didn't we used to have a policy of no Monday games, because it would conflict with FHE? When did that change?
          We played Monday games all the time when we were in the MWC. So if that policy ever existed, it was pre-MWC.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Partial inclusion into a lesser conference has its perks.
            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              We played Monday games all the time when we were in the MWC. So if that policy ever existed, it was pre-MWC.
              It seems like there was something about the game having to start later so as to avoid conflict with FHE - thus the big Monday 10 pm starts.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                It seems like there was something about the game having to start later so as to avoid conflict with FHE - thus the big Monday 10 pm starts.
                Was that official, or was that just fan speculation? It seemed like that was more the result of taking a back seat to the 6pm Big East or ACC game and a 8:00pm Big 12 or Big 10 game.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  Was that official, or was that just fan speculation? It seemed like that was more the result of taking a back seat to the 6pm Big East or ACC game and a 8:00pm Big 12 or Big 10 game.
                  I thought there was something official, but it could just as easily have been a myth.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

So what do we know about these Pilots? Anyone seen them play yet?
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

No but I'm hoping my boy goes off (and by "goes off" he has 10 and 8). #Kafusigetloosey

Comment

Anson in, Neilson out (starting line up)

Comment

Just looking at realtimerpi.com, looks like Portland's the third-best rated opponent (106) remaining on our schedule after Gonzaga (4) and St. Mary's (88). Portland could theoretically improve to top 100 over the remainder of the season. Don't see that as possible for the rest of the conference - San Diego (167), Pacific (173), everyone else (200+).

BYU's quality wins to date:

Stanford 44
                          UMass 69
                          Long Beach State 74

Bad loss(es) to date:

Purdue 148

Portland's quality win(s) to date:

Murray State 76

Bad loss(es) to date:

Oregon State 169
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

20 minutes to tip and this place is empty.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                              20 minutes to tip and this place is empty.
                              Snow bitches

Comment

Working...
                              X