Miami Bowl 2014 - BYU vs. Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Meanwhile, BSU is in the Fiesta Bowl. I started to fill out my officepool picks, saw that and said to myself, wtf? Miss, Ole Miss, TCU, Baylor, etc. all shut out of big bowls and Boise is in the Fiesta? But BYU still thinks it's better off outside the MWC. BYU has a very hard head.
    LOL

You do not know more about sports than you did last night.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Any report on how many days of practice Bronco didn't use this year? Is the fireside tonight or on Sunday? Who has been suspended for the game?
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
        Any report on how many days of practice Bronco didn't use this year? Is the fireside tonight or on Sunday? Who has been suspended for the game?
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I am looking forward to the game. It's about the right level of opponent and exposure for what this team accomplished this year.

It seems like a long time since the last game. Hopefully that means some of the players were able to get healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
            Fireside is tonight at 5pm.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

No talk about the game in 2.5 hrs? What have we become?
              ( FYI I most likely wrote that incoherently and will be properly corrected forthwith. Thanks)

Comment

I'm looking forward to the game. Should be fun. I hope CS throws for 500 yards against those assholes.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Y84it View Post
                  No talk about the game in 2.5 hrs? What have we become?
                  Interested, but not consumed. There was a time that I would be leaving the office at 11:30 to watch the game on my HD big screen at home. This one I will watch on my 21 inch TV in the office.

You gotta hand it to the admin though. They spotted the tremendous excitement out there and raised the CC dues 50%.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                    Interested, but not consumed. There was a time that I would be leaving the office at 11:30 to watch the game on my HD big screen at home. This one I will watch on my 21 inch TV in the office.

You gotta hand it to the admin though. They spotted the tremendous excitement out there and raised the CC dues 50%.
                    For me, that time is now!
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      SU is partially right. The MWC has better bowl access than BYU does. That is about the only advantage the MWC has over independence.

EDIT: But SU's post is dumb because it implies that BYU and BSU performed equally well this year. Not so.
                      I have a friend from school who isn't really a BYU fan but acts like he is sometimes. His favorite annoying thing on fb is to rail against independence, and has said he would rather be in the MWC. Somebody brought up that BSU is in the fiesta bowl and we're not. I pointed out that BSU has won most of the games on its slate. Does anybody doubt that we'd be in the Fiesta Bowl had we won 11 games?
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Times like this, when '71 starts seeping with sarcasm, that I wish I could hear his voice. I bet he sounds quite arch. And by arch, I don't mean Arch.

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                          I have a friend from school who isn't really a BYU fan but acts like he is sometimes. His favorite annoying thing on fb is to rail against independence, and has said he would rather be in the MWC. Somebody brought up that BSU is in the fiesta bowl and we're not. I pointed out that BSU has won most of the games on its slate. Does anybody doubt that we'd be in the Fiesta Bowl had we won 11 games?
                          Yes. As I understand it, the "BCS" bowls (funny that it took a playoff for people to realize that a non-championship bowl game, no matter the pageantry, means nothing) are obligated to take the best conference-affiliated mid-major, with a few provisos. As an independent, BYU does not get that automatic access.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                            For me, that time is now!
                            Must be the huge age difference.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                              So what does a seat cost at BYU next year? Donation plus seat on say 30 yard line.
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                                Yes. As I understand it, the "BCS" bowls (funny that it took a playoff for people to realize that a non-championship bowl game, no matter the pageantry, means nothing) are obligated to take the best conference-affiliated mid-major, with a few provisos. As an independent, BYU does not get that automatic access.
                                Does the BCS moniker mean anything at all now as relates to bowls? I feel like all these non-playoff bowls just took a serious dip in prestige.
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                                X