Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Chick Thread: Discussions of interest to women.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
    Those are soooo 2014.
    Is the point of yoga paints to aid yoga poses, to feel sexy while doing yoga, to look sexy while doing yoga, or to have an article of clothing that puts you in the frame of mind to do yoga?

Form > function

Function > form

?
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
      Is the point of yoga paints to aid yoga poses, to feel sexy while doing yoga, to look sexy while doing yoga, or to have an article of clothing that puts you in the frame of mind to do yoga?

Form > function

Function > form

?
      Yoga pants improve yoga like Zubaz pants improve weight lifting.
      "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Smarty pants new appliances

I've gotten a bunch of new appliances lately, and they are so bossy - trying to tell me what to do. First it's the refrigerator that will not dispense ice when any door is open. My old one let me fill up on ice whilst perusing what groceries were in there. My garage fridge has a "sabbath" mode - it will turn off the dispensers and the light bulbs on Sunday. (But the condenser keeps running- can't ruin all that food).

Now I am arguing with my new oven. I enter in all of the inputs: "Tater Tots" "400 degrees" "28 minutes" and then it translates them and spits back commands to me: "Put in your frozen fries NOW! I will now cook your frozen fries for 16 minutes at 375."

Darned if those tots didn't turn out crispy outside with a moist center in half the time.

Comment

Smarty pants new appliances

I've gotten a bunch of new appliances lately, and they are so bossy - trying to tell me what to do. First it's the refrigerator that will not dispense ice when any door is open. My old one let me fill up on ice whilst perusing what groceries were in there. My garage fridge has a "sabbath" mode - it will turn off the dispensers and the light bulbs on Sunday. (But the condenser keeps running- can't ruin all that food).

Now I am arguing with my new oven. I enter in all of the inputs: "Tater Tots" "400 degrees" "28 minutes" and then it translates them and spits back commands to me: "Put in your frozen fries NOW! I will now cook your frozen fries for 16 minutes at 375."

Darned if those tots didn't turn out crispy outside with a moist center in half the time.
          Our oven has a Sabbath mode. http://products.geappliances.com/app...ontentId=22041

We use it whenever we want to impress the Mormon chenyokim.
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
            Our oven has a Sabbath mode. http://products.geappliances.com/app...ontentId=22041

We use it whenever we want to impress the Mormon chenyokim.
            That’s nothing. I remember talking with a rabbi on my mission. He showed me the Sabbath mode on his gas range so that he wouldn’t violate the prohibition against cooking directly over an open flame. He just put a piece of steel over the burner then put his pan on that.
            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

a normal poor hasid just uses a hot plate that only starts on fire and burns down their house once in a while
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

A note to everyone shopping for a female spouse: Remember that young girls buy jewelry to match their outfits, but mature women buy outfits to match their jewelry.

Comment

A note to everyone shopping for a female spouse: Remember that young girls buy jewelry to match their outfits, but mature women buy outfits to match their jewelry.
                  thanks, but i already found one. 22 years ago to the day, in fact.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                    Congrats! Hope you got a good deal.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      Congrats! Hope you got a good deal.
                      hit it out of the park, tbh.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

hit it out of the park, tbh.

Comment

Happy Anniversary! Are you getting her something copper?

Comment

Happy Anniversary! Are you getting her something copper?
                            thanks!

i was thinking this would look good on her wrist

https://www.bulgari.com/en-us/produc...iABEgL_y_D_BwE

sorry, to answer your question - no.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

Happy anniversary, SMR.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                                Happy anniversary, SMR.
                                thank you!

and KL, sorry for hijacking your chick thread with the announcement of my anniversary, but if it's any consolation, i'm really appreciating the kind words and high fives!
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X