Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Most Annoying Ex-Mormons

RICO lawsuit filed against Mormon church

Lynette Cook, Rodney Jay Vessels and Julie Little Taggart filed their lawsuit Feb. 10, alleging violations of the Racketeer, Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act in U.S. District Court in Utah. The plaintiffs say they were led to join the LDS church after reading the Book of Mormon and agreeing with its teachings.

Once members, however, the plaintiffs claim the church demanded stiff financial contributions in the form of offerings and tithes, that they were forced into servitude to support the church’s financial schemes at Deseret Industries, and that the church leaders used the threat of damnation and eternal torture as a way to enforce their will and subjugate the faithful.

(wait for it)

The three plaintiffs are representing themselves.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    I bet that complaint is a nightmare to read and try to interpret. For the sake of the attorneys at Kirton McConkie, I hope it's at least not hand-written.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Where is Salt Laker City?
    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Small world. Taggart's father-in-law grew up in my town and was one of my grandfather's best friends. Her daughter worked at the Crest on 800 North where the Deseret First Credit Union is now, and she was smoking hot 25 years ago. Mother and daughter appear to share similar levels of intelligence.

"Outlined against a blue, gray
    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
    Grantland Rice, 1924

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Student View Post
    I bet that complaint is a nightmare to read and try to interpret. For the sake of the attorneys at Kirton McConkie, I hope it's at least not hand-written.
    I once had a pro se party that hand wrote everything and used paper that he cut himself. I think he was going to the ward house and cutting butcher paper to write his filings on.
    You know I'm free
    B*** you know I'm free
    Face it girl I'm free
    Yeah you know I'm free
    Okay I'm free yeah
    Free to chain my will onto the wings of my instinct
    And wander round this box you know I'm inextricably linked
    That's right I'm free to make a sooth to catch some stuff that holds me down
    To capture my desires fashion out a viscid crown
    . . .
    I never leave I'm super free
    To fill my smiles up with the tears that I forgot
    And haunt myself beside these pretty ghosts that float my heart
    You know I'm free
    -- Shabazz Palaces: Free Press and Curl

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    I once had a pro se party that hand wrote everything and used paper that he cut himself. I think he was going to the ward house and cutting butcher paper to write his filings on.
    I used to get those sorts of things all the time when I did PD work. It turns out that almost every person in San QUentin was imprisoned WRONGLY and that the POLICE are CORRUPT and judges are BRIBED and prosecutors are EVIL.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by Copelius View Post
    Where is Salt Laker City?
    It's been such since y'all traded us the pick that turned into Earvin "Magic" Johnson!

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
    Small world. Taggart's father-in-law grew up in my town and was one of my grandfather's best friends. Her daughter worked at the Crest on 800 North where the Deseret First Credit Union is now, and she was smoking hot 25 years ago. Mother and daughter appear to share similar levels of intelligence.
    Julie L. Taggart's FB page: https://www.facebook.com/julie.l.taggart

Some serious nutjobbery going on there.

:sigh:

I hate when things like this hits the newswire. Not because it's bad publicity for the church. The church is represented by competent counsel and PR firms, and the leaders are issued Big Boy Pants when they are called.

No, it's because it means another round on facebook with my hostile-to-the-church sister, who will proclaim the plaintiffs the Second Coming of Bishop Sam Whateverthehellhisnameis.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    Julie L. Taggart's FB page: https://www.facebook.com/julie.l.taggart

Some serious nutjobbery going on there.
    I love that I have two mutual friends with her. One is my brother in law, and the other was from my high school.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
    Mother and daughter appear to share similar levels of intelligence.
    Cowboy is such as easygoing guy that one forgets he can bring the heat if he wants. One of the best posts ever, and from what I can tell, profoundly true, was when he called Cody Brown a pants pegger.

Kate Kelly is a disgusting human being.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

she's an idiot.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    she's an idiot.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

It's interesting how she has gone from supposedly championing Mormon women to attacking them.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Her self-referential "Esq." is further evidence that she's a dope.

Yes she is a disgusting person. You know who benefited the most from her not having children, the children that she didn't have. I couldn't imagine how horrible it would be having that woman as a parent.

She is denigrating the choice made by other women. That sure doesn't sound very feminist to me.
    You know I'm free
    B*** you know I'm free
    Face it girl I'm free
    Yeah you know I'm free
    Okay I'm free yeah
    . . .
    You know I'm free

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Her self-referential "Esq." is further evidence that she's a dope.
    I'm pretty sure that anyone who uses the term Esq. is a narcissistic piece of shit.
    You know I'm free
    B*** you know I'm free
    Face it girl I'm free
    Yeah you know I'm free
    Okay I'm free yeah
    . . .
    You know I'm free

Hey, KK, now do a meme where you and that woman are 90 and she has grand children and great grandchildren grateful for her sacrifice and legacy and you are rotting in a home somewhere because no one is left who cares about you. That one would be funny too!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    Hey, KK, now do a meme where you and that woman are 90 and she has grand children and great grandchildren grateful for her sacrifice and legacy and you are rotting in a home somewhere because no one is left who cares about you. That one would be funny too!

History will judge us by the difference we make in the every day lives of children.
    -- Nelson Mandela
    History will not be kind to Kate Kelly.
    You know I'm free
    B*** you know I'm free
    Face it girl I'm free
    Yeah you know I'm free
    Okay I'm free yeah
    . . .
    You know I'm free

Yikes. For a very brief moment, I defended her when my mom was talking about her. I was very wrong.

(Don't tell my mom that).

a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar

Default Most Annoying Ex-Mormons

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Yikes. For a very brief moment, I defended her when my mom was talking about her. I was very wrong.

(Don't tell my mom that).
    I actually gave a talk about her in sacrament on the day of her excommunication, Boy do I feel foolish now.
    Last edited by Sullyute; 03-11-2020 at 02:15 PM.
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Seems like natural selection is doing its job.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    I actually gave a talk about her in sacrament on the day of her excommunication, Boy do I feel foolish now. :embarrassed:
    Don't worry. Some of us were also defending John Dehlin in the same convo to their mom

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post

"Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    I actually gave a talk about her in sacrament on the day of her excommunication, Boy do I feel foolish now. :embarrassed:
    It wasn't obvious to you by then? I loved all the facebook posts about the supporters of her women and the priesthood site. Every damn one of them listed their Church pedigree and resume. "Oh I was a Bishop and how my heart just throbbed with pains when I would bless my cherubic little ones while my wife was so forgotten and ignored sitting in the audience. How my priesthood keys at the time led me to know God wept at the sight!"

They were all a bunch of pontificating blowhards. There might be a day when the Priesthood will be extended to the womenfolk but the ones who will utilize it best are likely spending more time hold the hands of folks who are crying, tying quilts with the Menonite Order womenfolk, coaching track or cross country teams and making large vats of spaghetti for ward dinners to notice how downtrodden they are today.

On the other hand those afflicted with the social justice warrior gene will continue to personify what "priestcrafts" really are.

So like BEAT NAVY or something like that.
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Quote Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    It wasn't obvious to you by then? I loved all the facebook posts about the supporters of her women and the priesthood site. Every damn one of them listed their Church pedigree and resume. "Oh I was a Bishop and how my heart just throbbed with pains when I would bless my cherubic little ones while my wife was so forgotten and ignored sitting in the audience. How my priesthood keys at the time led me to know God wept at the sight!"

They were all a bunch of pontificating blowhards. There might be a day when the Priesthood will be extended to the womenfolk but the ones who will utilize it best are likely spending more time hold the hands of folks who are crying, tying quilts with the Menonite Order womenfolk, coaching track or cross country teams and making large vats of spaghetti for ward dinners to notice how downtrodden they are today.

On the other hand those afflicted with the social justice warrior gene will continue to personify what "priestcrafts" really are.

So like BEAT NAVY or something like that.
    Wait until your daughter gets some feminism in college and turns it back on you. You'll melt.

Quote Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
    Wait until your daughter gets some feminism in college and turns it back on you. You'll melt.
    Let me tell you about the golden rule..........
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.