Sitake named as DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitake named as DC

What's the word on this guy? Should KW have looked outside? Or is he the man for the job?
    I intend to live forever.
    So far, so good.
    --Steven Wright

The problem with Sitake is he played FB in college, and has only been a position coach (linebackers) for a few years. I am guessing this may be in name only and Kwhitt will do all the play calling.
    *Banned*

Comment

I don't understand this move at all. In the past 5 years the Utes have had 3 coordinators promoted to head coach positions. A coordinator position should be able to draw interest. Utah absolutely should have gone after someone with DC experience.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
        I don't understand this move at all. In the past 5 years the Utes have had 3 coordinators promoted to head coach positions. A coordinator position should be able to draw interest. Utah absolutely should have gone after someone with DC experience.
        3...... Anderson, Whit and who?
        "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

My guess is they liked Sitake enough to keep him from going to Logan, but had to give him a promotion. Ideally, they would've liked to go another direction.
          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            The problem with Sitake is he played FB in college, and has only been a position coach (linebackers) for a few years. I am guessing this may be in name only and Kwhitt will do all the play calling.
            This is exactly what I was thinking. I really don't understand this move. Sitake is still a very young coach. I don't know him or really know anything about him except for his coaching resume doesn't offer a lot of experience up until now. My only guess is that he was offered the same position by Anderson up at Utah St. and this was the only way to keep him around. Whitt must think highly of him to promote him though which has to say something because Whitt has proven he knows what he is doing right now.
            "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
              3...... Anderson, Whit and who?
              Sanford, but he doesn't really count. So your point stands.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                Sanford, but he doesn't really count. So your point stands.
                Oh yeah... I forgot about that tool.
                "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

I knew him at byu, what a waste of space.

He must be a way better coach than a player, and he must have also developed a work ethic.

Comment

I think I'm going to trust Whit more than Eeyore Funk at this point. I remember the funk-types were saying Anderson was too young three years ago. I'm going to assume Whit knows who his man is better than anyone else.
                    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                      Whitt has proven he knows what he is doing right now.
                      Good point.
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                        What's the word on this guy? Should KW have looked outside? Or is he the man for the job?
                        Des News disagrees with your info
                        http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1...268746,00.html

" Utah State's new football coach Gary Andersen has announced his first two members of his coaching staff in adding Bill Busch to be his defensive coordinator and safeties coach while retaining John Rushing as the cornerbacks coach."
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                        X