This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New BB Code for Embedding Tweets

Just installed a new BB code for embedding tweets. Works great! Here is how you use it:

1. Go to the the tweet you want to embed and click on the "..." button and then click on the "Embed Tweet" link.
    2. At this point you will see the URL for the tweet. It will look something like this:

https://twitter.com/boneyfuller/status/540214268340076544

Copy the last part of the URL (the big number at the end) to the clipboard. This is the tweet ID.

3. Go to the advanced editor in vbulletin. Click on the blue twitter button in the advanced editor toolbar. This will paste in the tweet tags as follows:

4. Paste in the ID of the tweet between the tags as follows:

5. Post and enjoy!

Here is a sample:

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

That's cool. I'm glad Triple Dad asked you to do that.

Comment

Cool... now we can retweet Sooner's retweets:

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        Cool... now we can retweet Sooner's retweets:

The caption would be more accurate if it read "Jesus while attending BYU".

Comment

Or "Jesus while attending BYU/Jesus while attending the U"
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            Or "Jesus while attending BYU/Jesus while attending the U"
            I like yours better.

Comment

Totally blows that embedded tweets aren't visible on tapatalk.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                Totally blows that embedded tweets aren't visible on tapatalk.
                Wrong Forum!! https://tapatalk.com/support.php
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  Totally blows: tapatalk.
                  Yep.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute
                    Great job JL. Now HFN is going to post another boner shorts picture.
                    When have I posted pictures of boners? To my knowledge flaccid is what inspires dabrock/Urban.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

(bump)

Seems like a lot of folks have either forgotten, or just don't know how to embed tweets. See the OP.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I did it right according to the preview but then it posted like it did.
                        “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

I think this is partly aimed at me, but in my defense, I tried to post something late at night, got a message that it hadn’t worked, so decided to try in the morning. In the morning I saw that it had posted (poorly) and the dude fixed it for me.

Comment

Working...
                          X