Question about the priesthood and 1978

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
    Yeah, I went in Aug. '78, too. It changed from LTM to MTC while I was there. I just didn't want to complicate things with alternate names, universes, etc.
    Do you remember that dark haired, drop dead gorgeous Sister Missionary. She'd walk into the cafeteria and the whole place would go silent, and everyone would turn to look at her.

Good times Aug of '78.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

I was six and only a few months later my father was called as a Mission Prez. It was only 3 months into the mission that the first AA missionary entered the mission. My father was beyond extactic and it made an especially good story that his last name was Freeman.
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
        Yeah, I went in Aug. '78, too. It changed from LTM to MTC while I was there. I just didn't want to complicate things with alternate names, universes, etc.
        Even a year later many were still calling it the LTM.

We heard horror stories about the home in SLC.
        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

I was a 32-week-old fetus.

And now that I see how elderly some of you are, I've decided to hold no ill will for your old fashioned attitudes.

From now on, when some of you speak, I'll just picture my dear grandpa talking about "them negroes" and remind myself that most of you were raised in a different era.
          Last edited by SoonerCoug; 11-22-2014, 06:19 PM.
          That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

Comment

Not sure about anyone else but this might be in my top 3 Sooner posts.
            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post

And now that I see how elderly some of you are, I've decided to hold no ill will for your old fashioned attitudes.

From now on, when some of you speak, I'll just picture my dear grandpa talking about "them negroes" and remind myself that most of you were raised in a different era.
              Shuddup and get off my grass you damn kids
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post

You're so young. I was nearly two years old by then.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                  Even a year later many were still calling it the LTM.

We heard horror stories about the home in SLC.
                  I was in one of the last groups through SLC. It was as bad as you heard.

Comment

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

seems pretty bizarre on first thought.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

I don’t get it. Something there we are supposed to find offensive? Podcast material?
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I was just thinking about this today and had hoped that someday we'd get an apology from the Church for the policy.

"Revelation on the Priesthood" verbiage makes me thing that the apology is another generation away.

With that said, this is a good thing to celebrate. When I saw Moli's post, I pulled my car off the side of the road and wept.
                          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            I don’t get it. Something there we are supposed to find offensive? Podcast material?
                            Not really. Upon first glance I found it kind of odd, which is why I

Ive been on the record that the PH/temple ban is likely the most troubling issue for me given that I don’t believe it was inspired in the first place but mostly because it is directly contradictory to Peters dream in Acts 10.

But I do find it great that all the racist apostles finally died so SWK could finally do the will of God and end the ban.
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I also don't get why it is odd or bizarre.

Comment

Should be celebrated. Don't act ashamed.
                                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                                X