Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 91 to 119 of 119

Thread: Las Vegas Best Restaurants

  1. #91
    Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Eug
    Posts
    25,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Picasso in the Bellagio is the best food I've ever had. ldc and I have been there 4 times and it has never disappointed, it makes it hard to strike out and try new places because we like it so much. .
    Quote Originally Posted by comprar View Post
    Picasso in the Bellagio is the best food I've ever had. ldc and I have been there 4 times and it has never disappointed, it makes it hard to strike out and try new places because we like it so much.
    So is comprar some kind of weird bot? Odd that it would take just a section of an old post of and post it. Also Joel Rubochon is better than Picasso.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

  2. #92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    So is comprar some kind of weird bot? Odd that it would take just a section of an old post of and post it. Also Joel Rubochon is better than Picasso.
    Nice try, bud. Either you have a dupe account, or comprar is someone else who has been taking regular trips to LV with ldc. You don't strike me as the dupe account type, so let me know if you need the name of a good private investigator in town.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark ďegg on your faceĒ! -- Moss

    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

  3. #93
    Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Eug
    Posts
    25,955

    Default

    Last trip crossed Nobu and Le Cirque off the list. I know both are copies so one of our esteemed former posters wouldn't be in favor. Nobu was amazing, almost indescribably great. Le Curque was good but I'd rank it behind both Rubochon and Picasso.

    First trip I remember in at least 10 years we didn't go to Carnegie. I'm trying to talk LDC into a quick NYC trip to go to the original before it closes.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

  4. #94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Last trip crossed Nobu and Le Cirque off the list. I know both are copies so one of our esteemed former posters wouldn't be in favor. Nobu was amazing, almost indescribably great. Le Curque was good but I'd rank it behind both Rubochon and Picasso.

    First trip I remember in at least 10 years we didn't go to Carnegie. I'm trying to talk LDC into a quick NYC trip to go to the original before it closes.
    Mmm, Nobu. My experience was at a "copy" as well (Perth), and the food was fantastic.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

    "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

  5. #95
    Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,085

    Default

    I'm taking my whole office to Vegas for a conference next week. Other than the obvious - buffet - any recommendations on where to dine with 20 people? I went to a great Moroccan restaurant with a bunch of mission friends earlier this year. I'm not sure my staff will appreciate the belly dancers as much as the SP, who was in attendance ,did.

  6. #96
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    10,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I'm taking my whole office to Vegas for a conference next week. Other than the obvious - buffet - any recommendations on where to dine with 20 people? I went to a great Moroccan restaurant with a bunch of mission friends earlier this year. I'm not sure my staff will appreciate the belly dancers as much as the SP, who was in attendance ,did.
    There's a Mexican place at the address below that gets good reviews on Google, and it's relatively close to the Strip (assuming that's where the conference will be):

    2670 S Maryland Pkwy
    Las Vegas, NV 89169
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  7. #97
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    28,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I'm taking my whole office to Vegas for a conference next week. Other than the obvious - buffet - any recommendations on where to dine with 20 people? I went to a great Moroccan restaurant with a bunch of mission friends earlier this year. I'm not sure my staff will appreciate the belly dancers as much as the SP, who was in attendance ,did.
    Price range?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  8. #98
    Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Price range?
    <$50 per. Any drinks, other than soda are on them. The hazards when you have Mos as your employer.

  9. #99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    <$50 per. Any drinks, other than soda are on them. The hazards when you have Mos as your employer.
    art you cheapass
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

  10. #100
    Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    art you cheapass
    I agree. Paying for their plane tickets, hotel, limo from the airport, $500 of spending money AND normal wages, I probably shouldn't care about dropping a couple grand on dinner.

  11. #101
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    21,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I agree. Paying for their plane tickets, hotel, limo from the airport, $500 of spending money AND normal wages, I probably shouldn't care about dropping a couple grand on dinner.
    That brag isnt even colorably humble any longer.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  12. #102
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    47,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I agree. Paying for their plane tickets, hotel, limo from the airport, $500 of spending money AND normal wages, I probably shouldn't care about dropping a couple grand on dinner.
    lol. Oh, Art.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  13. #103

    Default

    it's only ok if you make them drink their root beer in sippy cups
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

  14. #104
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    28,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I agree. Paying for their plane tickets, hotel, limo from the airport, $500 of spending money AND normal wages, I probably shouldn't care about dropping a couple grand on dinner.
    You are already spending $10k on spending money alone, might as well take them to a real restaurant.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  15. #105

    Default

    Art take them to Lotus of Siam.
    *Banned*

  16. #106
    Pre-Historic Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Allendale County, SC
    Posts
    11,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    <$50 per. Any drinks, other than soda are on them. The hazards when you have Mos as your employer.
    How the hell do you expect to buy a meal on less than $50?

    You might look into Momofoku

    The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Level 2, Boulevard Tower,
    3708 South Las Vegas Boulevard,
    Las Vegas, NV 89109

    or maybe
    Bandito Latin Kitchen at
    325 Hughes Center Dr Suite 100,
    Las Vegas, NV 89169
    Last edited by Topper; 09-06-2017 at 05:47 PM.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

  17. #107
    Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    How the hell do you expect to buy a meal on less than $50?
    Per entree. Sheesh, you guys think I have Olive Garden kinda money. I ain't a plumber. Hell I'm not even a lawyer.

  18. #108
    Pre-Historic Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Allendale County, SC
    Posts
    11,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Per entree. Sheesh, you guys think I have Olive Garden kinda money. I ain't a plumber. Hell I'm not even a lawyer.
    Per main entree and the you'll spend extra for the salad and stuff. Okay, that makes sense.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

  19. #109
    Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Eug
    Posts
    25,955

    Default

    We just had Twist by Pierre Gagnaire. Excellent, highly recommended.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

  20. #110
    Operation Hot Mother Parrot Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Southern Part of Heaven
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    In-N-Out. "If you're going to upgrade to a double-double, please do not also get a shake, just a soft drink."
    I have nothing else to say at this time.

  21. #111
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    28,619

    Default

    You could do Capital Grille for $50 an entree.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  22. #112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Art take them to Lotus of Siam.
    Lotus of Siam has a new skylight.

    https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/...ling-collapse/

  23. #113

    Default

    Maggianios of Little Italy would also fit in you budget. Good atmosphere.

  24. #114

    Default

    First of all you have to buy alcohol for your group.

    The simple solution is you just buy the cheapest bottles of red wine, usually even in the fanciest restaurants in town you can get a bottle in the high 20 low 30 dollar range.

    Most restaurants in town will cater to you if you have a large group. For example Cap Grille has a private room, and will do a prix fix menu for you for 3-4 courses for around 50 bucks a person.

    If you are looking for a fancy nice dinner I'd do one of the steak houses, they are all great even though they are all chains.

    Downtown:

    Triple George's
    Hugo's Cellar
    Oscars
    Joe Vicaris

    All can accommodate large groups. You just tell them your price range and they will set you up.

    On the strip:

    Cap Grille
    Del Friscos
    Cut
    GR
    STK
    Mastros

    All phenomenal and all can accomodate groups.

    Just again buy some freaking wine for your people.

  25. #115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fusnik View Post
    First of all you have to buy alcohol for your group.

    The simple solution is you just buy the cheapest bottles of red wine, usually even in the fanciest restaurants in town you can get a bottle in the high 20 low 30 dollar range.

    Most restaurants in town will cater to you if you have a large group. For example Cap Grille has a private room, and will do a prix fix menu for you for 3-4 courses for around 50 bucks a person.

    If you are looking for a fancy nice dinner I'd do one of the steak houses, they are all great even though they are all chains.

    Downtown:

    Triple George's
    Hugo's Cellar
    Oscars
    Joe Vicaris

    All can accommodate large groups. You just tell them your price range and they will set you up.

    On the strip:

    Cap Grille
    Del Friscos
    Cut
    GR
    STK
    Mastros

    All phenomenal and all can accomodate groups.

    Just again buy some freaking wine for your people.
    Don't do it, Art. Their sins will be upon your head.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

  26. #116
    Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,085

    Default Las Vegas Best Restaurants

    Ate at Momofuku with a local dandy boy last night. Good food. Though being the cheap bastard I am, we passed on the $1498 fried chicken (topped with caviar).

  27. #117
    Board eye candy beefytee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lehi
    Posts
    4,566

    Default

    Any decent sushi place close to the strip? Not looking for anything too pricey. I told my kids I might take them for sushi when we head down there since they have never had it.

  28. #118

    Default Las Vegas Best Restaurants

    Yama Sushi at Flamingo and Maryland. Itís an AYCE place in a strip mall about 5 mins off the strip. Great selection of rolls, and AYCE is the best way for a beginner to figure out which rolls they like.

    I think itís around $22 for lunch and $25 for dinner.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark ďegg on your faceĒ! -- Moss

    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

  29. #119
    Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Yama Sushi at Flamingo and Maryland. Itís an AYCE place in a strip mall about 5 mins off the strip. Great selection of rolls, and AYCE is the best way for a beginner to figure out which rolls they like.

    I think itís around $22 for lunch and $25 for dinner.
    Love me some Yama. Though it is the only restaurant Iíve been chastised by a waitress for not eating my food. DH, were you with me that time? They gave us a roll we didnít order, that tasted disgusting, then got annoyed when we tried to order more food.

    Also the only sushi place Iíve been where Iím embarrassed to ask for some of the items by name.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •