No announcement yet.

Las Vegas Best Restaurants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't spend the type of money you do DDD on anything including food. But the best meals i have enjoyed have not been the most expensive.

I took a cooking clas in Positano and made gnocchi with my wife.

We had a Tahitian make us authentic food on the beach on Moorea.

Also we found a great hole in the wall overlooking Rio. They might satisfy your expensive taste buds but those dining experiences are the most memorable for me. That is what i search for and it is mostly missing in Vegas now.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Did anybody watch the 100 foot journey? It made me hungry for Indian food.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Got interrupted.

High end seafood:

Mastros - awesome, best sweet potato fries ever there, they are unreal - $250
        American Fish - pretty ok, they do like a 9 course fish deal that's good - $250

Japanese, I avoid the strip, yellowtail?!?, yeah pass:

Tokyo Boys - open late, good stuff
        Kabuto - go here, trust me, it's amazing

Thai:

Lotus, next question
        Naga is pretty awesome if you live in Hendo

Chinese:

No options here

Vietnamese:

Vietnam Bistro, DH turns me on to this, it's awesome

Mexican:

Tacos El Gordo, next to Encore, street tacos, yum
        I Love Arepas is pretty good

Pizza:

Windy City for deep dish
        Pizza Rock is cool in downtown

Breakfast, love me some breakfast:

MTO - cool in Downtown
        Rise and Shine - quality

Local Cool Spots:

Honey Salt - meh
        Eat - best grilled cheese and tomato soup I've had in my life
        Oyster Bar - Pan Roast after gambling and StripClub is amazing

Comment

Time for a roadie to Veg.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Las Vegas Best Restaurants

Originally posted by fusnik View Post
            Got interrupted.

High end seafood:

Mastros - awesome, best sweet potato fries ever there, they are unreal - $250
            American Fish - pretty ok, they do like a 9 course fish deal that's good - $250

Japanese, I avoid the strip, yellowtail?!?, yeah pass:

Tokyo Boys - open late, good stuff
            Kabuto - go here, trust me, it's amazing

Thai:

Lotus, next question
            Naga is pretty awesome if you live in Hendo

Chinese:

No options here

Vietnamese:

Vietnam Bistro, DH turns me on to this, it's awesome

Mexican:

Tacos El Gordo, next to Encore, street tacos, yum
            I Love Arepas is pretty good

Pizza:

Windy City for deep dish
            Pizza Rock is cool in downtown

Breakfast, love me some breakfast:

MTO - cool in Downtown
            Rise and Shine - quality

Local Cool Spots:

Honey Salt - meh
            Eat - best grilled cheese and tomato soup I've had in my life
            Oyster Bar - Pan Roast after gambling and StripClub is amazing
            I had to talk Donut into trying Eat. He's convinced that there's nothing worth coming downtown for outside of his lawyering magnet Triple George.

I keep meaning to check out MTO's. That would have been a better option than the remodeled Gold Spike where I lunched yesterday. Unnoteworthy.
            Last edited by Dwight Schr-ute; 11-07-2014, 07:51 PM.
            I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Carson's is another great new place downtown as well.
              I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

I forgot MTO! I love that place.
                Good list, fus. At least the last half, when you got into our price range.
                At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Two more I thought of: Komex and patisserie manon (best macarrons I've had anywhere and really good cassoulet)
                  At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                  -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Gourmet hot dog option: Buldogis. Tons of great fusion dogs. I especially love the Gangnam. Mmmmm pork belly.
                    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415421441.118807.jpg
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                      DH turns me on
                      Signature quote!
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                        Shaka keeps forgetting that I was with them at Vietnamese place and that was really good.
                        I'm a loser. I apologize. That was a fun day.

I typically hate the buffets but the exceptions are the one at the Mandalay Bay and the breakfast buffet at the Wynn.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                          I'm a loser. I apologize. That was a fun day.

I typically hate the buffets but the exceptions are the one at the Mandalay Bay and the breakfast buffet at the Wynn.
                          No worries...my kid was with me, so I was mostly hanging with him.
                          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            Signature quote!
                            That's why some people say you are OK.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                              Vegas is kind of our go to date night if we want to get out of town. We have season tickets to the Smith center so we know the restaurants around there the best. I don't know what it is, but I've never really had a good dining experience on the Strip. I liked Mon Ami Gabi well enough, and l'Atelier de Joel Robuchon was also good, but it's just not my style. This is one spot I'll agree with DDD--everything seems...just not original.
                              I like some places off the Strip though. Shaka keeps forgetting that I was with them at Vietnamese place and that was really good. Lotus of Siam is also fantastic. Donut has given me some great recommendations. The two favorites - one is no longer open, the other, Grape street, is this converted wine cellar type place with a great ambience and the best Chilean sea bass I've ever had. The Bronze Cafe is...unique, with great sandwiches. Those are a few of our favorites.
                              There's a Thai place across the street from the El Cortez. awesome food.
                              "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                                There's a Thai place across the street from the El Cortez. awesome food.
                                Le Thai?

It's good, I'd rather just eat at Lotus.

Carson Kitchen is another good one downtown, American fusion hipster.

DH would fit right in.

Comment

Working...
                                X