No announcement yet.

Taylor Swift: America's Cultural Colossus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone made a T-Swifty / Aphex Twin mashup. lol. Some of these are pretty good.
    http://www.stereogum.com/1714198/dav...r-so-far/mp3s/
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

I'm an unashamed Taylor Swift fan.

Comment

Does anyone else here think that if Ellen DeGeneres ever leaves/cheats on Portia, it will be with Taylor Swift?

I am totally serious about this.

Comment

When I read about her reaching out to a fan who was being bullied on twitter, I thought that was pretty cool and decided I would have a better opinion of her.

her music is pretty good too..

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
            See? we're already forgetting.
            1989 is #1 in 88 countries. Will be biggest selling album of 2014 after its first week. But I agree, she's so forgettable.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
              1989 is #1 in 88 countries. Will be biggest selling album of 2014 after its first week. But I agree, she's so forgettable.
              But could she win American Idol?

Comment

I like some of her songs and others get on my nerves. I guess that makes her like every other pop flave of the day.

Worst charted song from her is that we are never getting back together tune. do not like.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                  But could she win American Idol?
                  As artist, the reason she sings is because she writes all of her own music. I'm sure she'd win if the competition was also that you could only sing songs you wrote. But maybe you don't put a lot of stock in artists who can also write their own music?

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    I like some of her songs and others get on my nerves. I guess that makes her like every other pop flave of the day.

Worst charted song from her is that we are never getting back together tune. do not like.
                    Yeah, she's had a few missteps. She's not perfect!

Comment

How many albums do you need to sell in , oh, say, azerbaijan, to chart at number one?
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

As artist, the reason she sings is because she writes all of her own music. I'm sure she'd win if the competition was also that you could only sing songs you wrote. But maybe you don't put a lot of stock in artists who can also write their own music?
                        Why are you asking me that question? I'm a known T-Swifty lover.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                          How many albums do you need to sell in , oh, say, azerbaijan, to chart at number one?
                          More than anybody else.

Comment

Yeah, she's had a few missteps. She's not perfect!
                            I thought she was great doing her "SNL Monologue" song!
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                              Why are you asking me that question? I'm a known T-Swifty lover.
                              Isn't Blank Space such a great song? And Style? And Wildest Dreams? And . . .

Comment

More than anybody else.
                                I had a friend who once told me he worked in the tallest building in Clovis, New Mexico. Which was true. But, ultimately, forgettably meaningless.

Just to be clear, I have no strong feelings about Taylor Swift. She crafts nice little pop songs using typically tried and true I-IV-V7 type chord progressions with lots of angsty lyrics that are just fine. I am sure she is very, very good at what she does and it appears that she appeals to lots of pre-teens, barely teens and even a few adult male attorneys. That said, and I could be completely wrong about this, I am not aware that she has done anything to stand out among people who craft pop tunes. She hasn't advanced the genre or made a unique contribution. Nothing wrong with that, of course. But, ultimately, her stuff seems pretty fungible and pretty forgettable. But, hey, I am glad your boat is being floated. how does she feel about wolves?
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X