No announcement yet.

Taylor Swift: America's Cultural Colossus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not only is 1989 going on its third week at #1, but Swift continues to do things like this:

http://www.people.com/article/taylor...barnett-leyton

Yes, she hand-delivered early Christmas presents to a mom's son in Connecticut -- the mom had written how Swift's music had help her go through the emotionally wrenching ordeal of infertility. She then had a baby boy two years ago. So Taylor decides to drop off a toy Mercedes. Unbelievable. How many would handle stardom the way Swift has, and do what she does. She doesn't just donate money. She does what's most important and gives of her time.

Swift in toy car.jpg
    Last edited by Levin; 11-15-2014, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• I can't decide if this thread is turning creepy or hilarious.
      "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
        I can't decide if this thread is turning creepy or hilarious.
        It's just trying to aspire to the heights of DDD's Nadine Wimmer thread.

Comment

I can't decide if this thread is turning creepy or hilarious.
          It's also hilarious that you keep reading it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Levin View Post
            It's also hilarious that you keep reading it.
            Train wrecks are kind of like that.
            "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Train wrecks are kind of like that.
              Sounds like someone needs some Swiftamine! Get this man a prescription stat.

Comment

• My 21-year-old sister loves Taylor Swift. Out of respect for her, and because we usually have the same taste in movies and TV and stuff, I listened to one of Ms. Swift's albums on Spotify a few months ago. Couldn't get past how many of her songs are about failed relationships, which holds no interest to me.

Also the music wasn't all that interesting. Maybe I'll give 1989 a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by SandYFan View Post
                  My 21-year-old sister loves Taylor Swift. Out of respect for her, and because we usually have the same taste in movies and TV and stuff, I listened to one of Ms. Swift's albums on Spotify a few months ago. Couldn't get past how many of her songs are about failed relationships, which holds no interest to me.

Also the music wasn't all that interesting. Maybe I'll give 1989 a chance.
                  If all the songs are about failed relationships, what does that say about the songwriter? Speaks volumes about her.

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• My three year old likes to dance along to her music videos.

Comment

• for somwbody who is as successful as she is, you would think the subject matter could be varied.
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Still haven't heard the record yet. I'm guessing that window has closed for good now that she's off Spotify.
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• This will probably make Levin cry....

I do have a confession about T-swizzle...Bad Blood is a good song.
                          *Banned*

Comment

• Caught T Swift on the stand in NY waiting for the ball to fall. Wow. Not her best moment.

And I like the girl.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                              Caught T Swift on the stand in NY waiting for the ball to fall. Wow. Not her best moment.

And I like the girl.
                              My 10 year old daughter had a friend over for new years, who loudly announced "she's a whore" when she saw Taylor Swift.
                              "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                                Caught T Swift on the stand in NY waiting for the ball to fall. Wow. Not her best moment.

And I like the girl.
                                wait, I was watching that too, did I miss something?
                                Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                                God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                                Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Working...
                                X