Taylor Swift: America's Cultural Colossus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor Swift: America's Cultural Colossus

I listened to the leaked album (don't worry Swifties, I pre-ordered too!), and . . . it's fantastic. The reviews are raving, with the NYTimes being almost over the top. But I don't need the reviews to know what I hear -- some pretty amazing songs. The bonus tracks that are only on the Target version are some of my favorites --- they should be on the main album.

On a few songs I hear Bruce Springsteen ala "Streets of Philadelphia," and other songs are reminiscent of the Drive soundtrack. This is going to be an album I put on for long road trips.

My favorites so far: Style, I Know Places, and Clean. The single and other released songs are actually my least favorite songs on the whole album.

images-20.jpeg
    "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

I don't understand this thread.

Comment

Need to pick this up :rockon2:

But don't we already have a T-Swifty thread? Pretty sure Levin started it.
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
          I don't understand this thread.
          We don't have a thread called "Lame Music" or "Stuff my 9 year old daughter is into". So we have to put it here.
          "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
            Need to pick this up :rockon2:

But don't we already have a T-Swifty thread? Pretty sure Levin started it.
            a million threads couldn't describe the unbounded artistic ability of taylor alison swift
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Don't let the bastards get you down Levin. I think your Taylor Swift crush is adorable.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Don't let the bastards get you down Levin. I think your Taylor Swift crush is adorable.
                What Marilynne Robinson and Tolstoy are to literature, Taylor Swift is to pop and country music. What can I say? I like the best!

Comment

Just listen to "Style" --- if you don't like that song, then you never were a child of the 1980s and Miami Vice.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                    What Marilynne Robinson and Tolstoy are to literature, Taylor Swift is to pop and country music. What can I say? I like the best!
                    Don't apologize for exquisite taste!
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                      She's a pop princess, true. But she's not the Tolstoy of Pop, she's more like the Stephanie Meyer of pop. Very popular, quite catchy, but ultimately pretty forgettable.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                        She's a pop princess, true. But she's not the Tolstoy of Pop, she's more like the Stephanie Meyer of pop. Very popular, quite catchy, but ultimately pretty forgettable.
                        MODS

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                          Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                          MODS
                          Yes MODS please correct the spelling of the name to Stephenie Meyer.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                            See? we're already forgetting.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post

Comment

Working...
                              X