2014 CS Holiday Running/Biking/Swimming Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    Time for my annual first place position that last about 2 hours.
    1 hour spin, 1 hour swim. Suck it Moliere!
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

100 pushups!
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        100 pushups!
        In the pool?
        *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
          Like Moliere, I want to be out front for a short while, so this morning I did as long a run as I ever do. Temps were in the mid-40s, dry with virtually no wind, which I think are perfect running conditions. How come CJF and P'dip, among other expected participants, aren't signed up yet?
          Signing up now. I need this this year. I hurt my knee about 5 months ago training for a 10k. I haven't been able to get right since. I bought a absorbing treadmill this weekend, but still really sore. I put in 12 miles on the bike to try to get me started again. I really need to end the year in a groove. I hope this can kick start me.
          Last edited by CJF; 11-17-2014, 11:26 AM.
          A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

100 pushups!
            knock it off!
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Tweaked my commute to a 13 mile route each way. Studded tires suck. At least I feel good about not wiping out when the ice comes, but the workout has definitely gotten harder.

Comment

Holy crap! Great opening day. Nice to see some newcomers putting in some good mileage and the oldcomers plodding along as usual.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  He's been running at a good clip lately and I'm sure building a new house is taking up his time. Chances are good that he's taking a hiatus for various reasons, top of which could be that our football team sucks and he doesn't have the desire to discuss crazy church stuff anymore.

I do hope he joins in on the competition. I'll reach out to him and pester him to participate.
                  Pretty much what Moliere said. (I even had to bail on IMAZ because I've been so busy, which sucked). But I'm right in the teeth of marathon training right now, so this will work out well.
                  Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

I am a few days late, but I am in. I lost almost 20lbs over the last couple months, but have fallen back off the wagon. Hopefully this will give me the kick in the butt that I need.
                    "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

100 pushups!
                      lol. knock it off.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

With P-diddy joining us - I guess it a race for Second spot and for the moment - that is me ( untill Topper and Creekster get their miles in )

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Originally posted by happyone View Post
                          With P-diddy joining us - I guess it a race for Second spot and for the moment - that is me ( untill Topper and Creekster get their miles in )
                          I'm not counting any chickens. I know what my training schedule says, but I also know that I just barely got done taking off a few days because of a pulled hamstring. Injuries happen, especially when you are running stupid weekly miles.
                          Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Pheidippides View Post
                            I'm not counting any chickens. I know what my training schedule says, but I also know that I just barely got done taking off a few days because of a pulled hamstring. Injuries happen, especially when you are running stupid weekly miles.
                            Running three times per week is all I need to suffer injury. I am jealous of your young body that lets you run.
                            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                              Running three times per week is all I need to suffer injury. I am jealous of your young body that lets you run.
                              I think I'm at that point too. I used to log quite a few miles running, but I have to keep going in to physical therapy for running related injuries. Now I've been cycling for my cardio. My body appreciates the lack of impact. Unfortunately, I still have to run for work.

Took my son's road bike out for a ride this morning. Compared to the miles I put on my HEAVY commuter bike with studded tires, this thing rolls and climbs like butter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                                I think I'm at that point too. I used to log quite a few miles running, but I have to keep going in to physical therapy for running related injuries. Now I've been cycling for my cardio. My body appreciates the lack of impact. Unfortunately, I still have to run for work.

Took my son's road bike out for a ride this morning. Compared to the miles I put on my HEAVY commuter bike with studded tires, this thing rolls and climbs like butter.
                                I can log 100 to 150 miles with no problem on the bike, and but if I log 21 in a week on the road, I am in major pain in the knees.

I forgot how nice the road bike is, until I went on vacation and rented a bike that wasn't a real road bike. It was in Tahiti, on Bora Bora, and man on man, the difference between a real bike and one of those monster bikes is a load work. Usually, I just bring my cleats, and pedals, and rent. It wasn't an option that time.
                                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X