Vacation Eats: Restaurant Recommendations for Non-Local Restaurants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation Eats: Restaurant Recommendations for Non-Local Restaurants

Sunset Beach, CA (Huntington Beach): Captain Jacks for King Crab Legs.

These things were HUGE and awesomely good. Here's a pic from TripAdvisor showing size:
    c37f1834bbf97452d55b99fc991f2186.jpg

I don't really like king crab, but I loved these ones. They have your normal surf-n-turf selections, but they specialize in king crab, serving 1,500 lbs of it every week.

[Insert Mark Grace joke about Pok Pok].
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

KL I thought you were poly?
      *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
        One of the 5 restaurants you've been to!
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

speaking of, have you seen the episode of bourdain's new cnn show where andy ricker takes him through thailand? it's a good one.
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

So what is this thread? Non-local restaurants? As in, you're on vacation in an area, and it's a recommendation for restaurants that aren't from that area? I'm taking this opportunity to recommend the Red Lobster in Times Square. That huge plastic lobster outside is awesome, and they have great, fresh lobster on the inside!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
              So what is this thread?
              it makes about as much sense as your "what are you listening to at this very moment," thread, which should have been titled something more along the lines of "new music suggestions" or somesuch!
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                it makes about as much sense as your "what are you listening to at this very moment," thread, which should have been titled something more along the lines of "new music suggestions" or somesuch!
                That's not what that thread is. If that's what I wanted it to be, that's what I would have called it. That thread is titled exactly what it's supposed to be

At any rate, any clarifications, Katy?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                  That's not what that thread is. If that's what I wanted it to be, that's what I would have called it. That thread is titled exactly what it's supposed to be

At any rate, any clarifications, Katy?
                  Katy was on vacation and she wanted to post about a restaurant she ate at. I don't think it goes any deeper than that.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

That, and I wasn't paying attention to all the restaurant suggestions for Boise, and for Houston and New Orleans, and now I'd like to find these places but they're in threads all over the place.

Comment

Reminds me of all those filipino bachelors lounging along the side of the beach walk at the annual Sea Spree calling out, "Ayy, you like pok-pok?"

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        40% of the 6700 someodd replies to that thread are authored by the thread creator. Does anyone really care what MG is listening to "at this very moment"? No, not really.

Likewise for where KL is eating. #sjbh
                        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                          40% of the 6700 someodd replies to that thread are authored by the thread creator. Does anyone really care what MG is listening to "at this very moment"? No, not really.

Likewise for where KL is eating. #sjbh
                          Only 40%? I would have guessed around 75% of the posts in that thread are from Grace. Thank goodness for commando.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

I would have gone with +80%. Is there a score for this kind of thing like DH's thread creation score? We can see which threads started by the author have the highest percentage of comments by the author.

Comment

Katy, those legs look great! Don't listen to these jokers.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                              X